Want to be a part of Asia Pacific & Japan’s (APJ) largest data centre business and ‘Grow@Hyperscale’?
AirTrunk is a technology company with a powerful purpose - to scale and sustain the relentless growth of the region’s digital future. We do this by continuously redefining and delivering hyperscale data centres that meet the needs of our customers, the world’s most transformational companies. And we’re doing so sustainably, for today and tomorrow.
Having opened Australia’s first and largest hyperscale data centres in 2017, we set our eyes on rapid expansion and now operate a platform of hyperscale data centres across the APJ region. With backing from our investors, including Macquarie Group, this is just the beginning…
Join us at AirTrunk, where the cloud meets the ground.
As the Treasury Manager based in Tokyo you will report to the Treasurer, working closely with the local and global Finance team, making your mark in a number of ways:
- You will be responsible for the day to day management of funding locally and globally, including cash management, utilisations and interest costs, and the reporting of key information and financing undertakings to the lenders.
- You will assist with the management of ongoing capital requirements from existing and new funding sources and managing the associated execution process.
- You will work with local and offshore debt investors, maintaining and strengthening these relationships and building new relationships over time.
Your Day to Day
- Capital Sourcing: assist with managing ongoing capital requirements of the business from existing sources. Assume primary responsibility as the local interface with existing and any potential investors for any capital upsizes and new debt raisings in Japan and other markets. This includes leveraging experience and knowledge of local and international practices to assist with managing the structuring, negotiation, documentation and settlement processes.
- Financing process execution: support Treasurer and other key stakeholders in managing all aspects of a new financing process including development and negotiation of project documentation (including debt term sheet), engagement and preparation of the due diligence and other key advisors (including but not limited to legal and financial) and carriage of the financial close process including KYC, satisfaction of conditions precedent and settlement.
- Monthly Funding: work closely with Finance team and external vendors to review monthly cash requirements and utilisation requests within the existing debt facilities, including working with the appointed independent engineer and any other specialist advisor on reporting requirements.
- Cash Management: ensure ongoing compliance with cash management, reserve and waterfall provisions as it pertains to local funding facilities.
- Interest cost management: maintaining monthly and quarterly interest and commitment fee calculations, MTM, and payment of interest and swaps.
- Undertakings and Financial Model: partner with local and global Finance, Corporate Development and Treasury teams to ensure ongoing compliance with key reporting and financial undertakings. Work closely with the Corporate Development team, which generated and manages the financial model, in ensuring the model is accurate and up to date
- Hedging: assist Treasurer with implementation and ongoing managing of local interest and FX hedging requirements as required
- Investor and Agent liaison and management: work with and manage local and offshore investor and agent relationships. Leverage knowledge of local market customs and practice to strengthen these relationships and support the ongoing management of the business. Introduce, develop and strengthen new investor / stakeholder relationships as and when required.
- Capital planning: Support global Treasury team in the ongoing review and planning of appropriate capital structures and associated markets for the local business and any new developments and/or expansions. This may encompass local and offshore loans, bonds, green/sustainable financing and ABS structures.
- Fluent in writing and speaking Japanese and English
- Minimum 7 years institutional or corporate banking experience and understanding of credit risk
- Knowledge of local and international debt markets and practices (loan syndication experience will be highly valued)
- Debt origination and structuring experience (relevant non-recourse property finance or infrastructure project finance experience will be highly valued)
- Familiarity with structured debt documentation
- Ability to interpret financial models
The AirTrunk Culture
Working at AirTrunk is a once in a lifetime opportunity to fast-track your career and make a positive impact. At AirTrunk, we’ll help you Grow@Hyperscale.
The pace of our industry means you’ll feel an electric atmosphere at AirTrunk. We are a team of challengers and collaborative problem solvers who break new ground every day. We do this by living our values; going above and beyond, and being dynamic, transparent and responsive.
Every AirTrunker brings their own unique background and diverse perspective to find solutions to problems that matter. We’ve created a flexible and safe working environment where everyone feels welcome, heard, and equal regardless of age, disability, gender, gender expression, marital or parental status, race, colour, religion or belief, national origin, sexual orientation or veteran status.
With a range of exciting employee benefits for you to choose from, we’ll help you stay positively charged in both your work and life.
**To all recruitment agencies: AirTrunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AirTrunk employees or any other organization location. AirTrunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.**