AirTrunk is a rapidly growing technology company that exists to reimagine, build and operate data centres to meet the needs of the world’s most influential technology companies today and into the future. Having opened Australia’s first and largest hyperscale data centres in Western Sydney and Melbourne, we set our eyes on rapid expansion across Asia Pacific. Since then, we’ve launched in Singapore, Hong Kong and Sydney North, and commenced development on a Tokyo data centre, set to open soon.
As the Building Services Manager, you will report to the Senior Data Centre Operations Manager, and work closely with the rest of the Operations team, making your mark in a number of ways:
- You will be responsible for physical security operations on site, managing the 24x7x365 outsourced security personnel team
- You will contract manage all soft services, including cleaning, gardening and grounds maintenance.
Your Day to Day
- Support the Data Centre Operations Manager in the management of physical security services at the property, including Landlord (AirTrunk) and customer areas
- Contract manage a team of security staff to perform security services including access control, visitor registration and patrolling etc. to ensure the security services are up to the required standard and AirTrunk’s policy
- To review existing operation policies and procedures in compliance with internal guidelines, all applicable laws, regulations, standards and best industry practice etc.
- Manage and handle emergency situations, supervise and ensure proper execution of emergency responses procedures, including at a user level or on security IT systems.
- Coordinate baseline security clearance requirements for core facility staff
- Manage all soft services at the facility, such as cleaning, waste, landscaping, pest control, hydraulics, handyman repairs, and any other front of house facilities; lifts, gates, roller shutters etc.
- Establish and maintain agreements for services listed above, including setting and monitoring KPIs
- Conduct regular property inspections to ensure overall cleanliness and upkeep good property operations
- Responsible for AirTrunk and customer’s facilities or access requests regarding; loading dock, office or storage areas
- Handling complaints and inquiries, and maintain good relationship with customers
- Coordinate with other departments / teams for R&M requests, projects and EH&S matters
- Ensure change management processes is strictly adhered to
- Ensure compliance with site held accreditations, including, but not limited to, ISO27001, SOC2, PCI
- Gather quotes and issue work orders
- You have 5+ years of experience in facilities, security operations, or front of house services
- You are fluent in both English and Japanese
- You have experience managing 3rd party service providers; setting and managing KPIs, negotiating contracts and pricing for services
- You have opex budget management experience
- You have experience mentoring or training junior staff
- You have experience developing or implementing business processes
- You are familiar with working with Customer Portals, and at the user level on Security networks (ex accessing CCTV archive data)
- You are familiar with local regulations and standards
- You have general knowledge in repair & maintenance and health and safety
- You are incredibly flexible and forward-thinking and energized by change
- You excel at communication; you can deliver effective presentations to your stakeholders and management
- You are passionate about helping to grow a business in its early development phase
The AirTrunk Culture
The pace of our industry and the world of data means you’ll feel an electrifying buzz here at AirTrunk.
AirTrunkers are ever-ready, adaptable and intuitive. We’re a company of challengers – constantly seeing every situation, big and small, as an opportunity to reinvent and change the game.
Each and every AirTrunker brings their unique background, experiences and perspective to help us to be a place where the best, or those with the potential to be, come to work and thrive.
**To all recruitment agencies: AirTrunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AirTrunk employees or any other organization location. AirTrunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.**