AirTrunk is a rapidly growing technology company that exists to reimagine, build and operate data centres to meet the needs of the world’s most influential technology companies today and into the future. Having opened Australia’s first and largest hyperscale data centres in Western Sydney and Melbourne, we set our eyes on rapid expansion across Asia Pacific. Since then, we’ve launched in Singapore, Hong Kong and Sydney North, and commenced development on a Tokyo data centre, set to open soon.
As the Design Manager, you will report to the Technical Director and work closely with the rest of the Technology team, making your mark in a number of ways:
- You are the key individual in making sure we deliver to our customers as we say,managing the design for compliance throughout to completion
- You act as the project technical lead and manage the design team, both internal and external teams
- You lead the design of customer centric solutions and drive continuous engineering solutions across the business
Your Day to Day
- Lead a project design team from inception to delivery of multi-MW hyperscale solutions attending design and construction meetings
- Interface with our top cloud and enterprise customers and communicate presentations on all aspects of design
- Develop high level master planning, space planning and engineering solutions for potential new developments (feasibility stage)
- Produce Basis-Of-Design BOD documents in the project definition stage
- Produce consultant’s briefs in order to develop designs from feasibility stage through concept, scheme and detailed design stages, ensuring continuity of design philosophy and approach
- Oversee the technical aspects of direct procured equipment and facilitate their interface with the design team
- Understand the commercial implications of engineering decisions and build cost models for customers Provide technical assistance in the site election process and engage with service providers and local authorities
- You have 10+ years of experience in design management
- You speak English and Japanese fluently
- Bachelor’s degree, preferable electrical, is a plus
- Ideally, you have experience working for a data centre operator and previous hyperscale and cloud experience in the APAC market
- You are incredibly flexible and forward-thinking as you have to be ready for a continuous change of directions
- You are willing to make decisions and be accountable for them
- You excel at communication; you can deliver effective presentations on data centre operations to customers, peers and management
- You have good leadership acumen to lead multi-disciplinary teams across multiple geographies
- You are willing to travel to other APAC regions on a regular basis (Covid permitting)
The AirTrunk Culture
The pace of our industry and the world of data means you’ll feel an electrifying buzz here at AirTrunk.
AirTrunkers are ever-ready, adaptable and intuitive. We’re a company of challengers – constantly seeing every situation, big and small, as an opportunity to reinvent and change the game.
Each and every AirTrunker brings their unique background, experiences and perspective to help us to be a place where the best, or those with the potential to be, come to work and thrive.
**To all recruitment agencies: AirTrunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AirTrunk employees or any other organization location. AirTrunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.**