AirTrunk is a rapidly growing technology company that exists to reimagine, build and operate data centres to meet the needs of the world’s most influential technology companies today and into the future. Having opened Australia’s first and largest hyperscale data centres in Western Sydney and Melbourne, we set our eyes on rapid expansion across Asia Pacific. Since then, we’ve launched in Singapore, Hong Kong and Sydney North, and commenced development on a Tokyo data centre, set to open soon.
As a Project Manager, you will report to the Development Manager and work closely with the rest of the Development team, making your mark in a number of ways:
- You will work with AirTrunk customers to develop scope and designs for the seamless implementation and execution of the office and data hall fit outs
- You will project manage and oversee construction related activities for new builds and fit out projects, including the ownership of the project scope, timeline and budget
Your Day to Day
- Manager customer and contractor access and interface with operations teams
- Provide construction management for specific initiatives aimed at increasing the resiliency of our data centres
- Review of constructability of electrical and mechanical system designs associated with the construction of new data centres or the optimization of existing ones
- Create project scope and equipment requirements, assist with request for proposals and capital requests
- Be a leader within the group and within internal/external teams that support the DC
- Develop and review tender packages, including developing scope of works, bid templates, tender evaluations, review and recommendation
- Develop and provide cost reporting, including cash flows and cost to complete reports
- Review and assist vendor claims, including payment claims, invoices, variations and time related claims
- Project delivery; chair meetings, keep accurate record, ensure safety monitor and status programmes, identify and manage quality, assist with handover to operations teams and provide project health reports
- You have 5 years+ of construction experience (in projects over 30,000 m2)
- You speak English and Japanese fluently
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in mechanical/electrical/civil engineering, project management or architecture, is a plus
- Ideally, you have experience working for a data centre operator and previous hyperscale and cloud experience in the APAC market
- You are incredibly flexible and forward-thinking as you have to be ready for a continuous change of directions
- You are goal oriented and have “get things done” attitude
- You are willing to travel to other APAC regions
The AirTrunk Culture
The pace of our industry and the world of data means you’ll feel an electrifying buzz here at AirTrunk.
AirTrunkers are ever-ready, adaptable and intuitive. We’re a company of challengers – constantly seeing every situation, big and small, as an opportunity to reinvent and change the game.
Each and every AirTrunker brings their unique background, experiences and perspective to help us to be a place where the best, or those with the potential to be, come to work and thrive.
**To all recruitment agencies: AirTrunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AirTrunk employees or any other organization location. AirTrunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.**