AirTrunk is a rapidly growing technology company that exists to reimagine, build and operate data centres to meet the needs of the world’s largest and most influential technology companies today and into the future. Having opened Australia’s first and largest hyperscale data centres, and with Singapore, Hong Kong, Sydney’s North and Japan under development, we have our eyes set on rapid expansion across Asia Pacific. We are looking for people who share our energy and passion to support our data-driven future.
As the Commercial Manager - APAC, you will report to the Head of Commercial and work closely with the broader commercial team, the finance team and other key stakeholders in the business, making your mark in a number of ways:
- You will be working closely with the Head of Commercial in identifying and executing new growth opportunities (organic and inorganic) across the APAC region
- You will work alongside existing and potential JV partners to define and execute market strategy in order to successfully enter and operate in new markets
- You will build and coordinate relationships with all key stakeholders in new markets including real estate companies, consultants, telecommunication and power companies
- You will support the Head of Commercial in developing commercial materials for large projects
Your Day to Day
- Work cross-functionally with the technology, development and finance team to identify new business and new market opportunities in the APAC region (primarily Singapore, Korea, India and Indonesia)
- Initiate and develop comprehensive business cases for new investment opportunities and work closely with the finance team until project completion
- Prepare first draft of transaction-related documents (NDA, letter of intent, term-sheet) and work closely with the legal team to negotiate and finalise these documents
- Create and run financial models to advise on pricing and commercial terms proposed to customers
- Lead the market analysis and competitive intelligence for the expansion markets with regular reporting to AirTrunk senior management and investors
- Drive strategic planning process, including budgeting and management of capex and project cash-flows
- Work alongside the design and development teams to prepare capital expenditure estimates for new projects (i.e. new builds in existing or new sites)
- Deliver high quality briefing papers and recommendations to the senior management team and board level consideration and approval
- Work alongside the senior management to prepare long-term strategy for the business
- MBA/CA/CFA qualification and tertiary qualifications in Law/Business/Commerce Economics or similar relevant field
- 7 to 10 years experience in private equity, investment bank, strategy consulting or in-house M&A experience preferred
- Substantial experience in data centre, real estate or infrastructure sector
- Extensive experience in developing complex business cases and ability to interact with senior stakeholders
- Strong ability to draft, review and negotiate M&A/investments’ legal documentation (term-sheet, letter of intent, SPA)
- Ideally previous experience in a start-up environment
- You have strong quantitative and financial analysis capabilities
- You have strong Excel and PowerPoint skills to report to senior management
- You are incredibly flexible and forward-thinking as you have to be ready for a continuous change of directions
- You are willing to make decisions and be accountable for them
- You excel at communication; you can deliver effective presentations to customers, peers and management
- You are passionate about helping to grow a business in its early development phase
The AirTrunk Culture
The pace of our industry and the world of data means you’ll feel an electrifying buzz here at AirTrunk.
AirTrunkers are ever-ready, adaptable and intuitive. We’re a company of challengers – constantly seeing every situation, big and small, as an opportunity to reinvent and change the game.
Each and every AirTrunker brings their unique background, experiences and perspective to help us to be a place where the best, or those with the potential to be, come to work and thrive.
**To all recruitment agencies: AirTrunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AirTrunk employees or any other organization location. AirTrunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.**