AirTrunk is a rapidly growing technology company that exists to reimagine, build and operate data centres to meet the needs of the world’s largest and most influential technology companies today and into the future. Having opened Australia’s first and largest hyperscale data centres, and with development underway in Singapore, Hong Kong and Sydney’s North, we have our eyes set on rapid expansion across Asia Pacific and Japan. We are looking for people who share our energy and passion to support our data-driven future.
As the Technical Director, you will report to the Chief Technology Officer (who is based in Singapore), and work closely with the rest of the Technology team, making your mark in a number of ways:
- You will be part of the AirTrunk leadership group that manages and determines the technical direction across APAC
- You will be responsible for developing the AirTrunk technology in Japan
- You will be a trusted technical partner to AirTrunk’s key customers in Japan
Your Day to Day
- Develop high level space planning and engineering solutions for potential new developments (feasibility stage)
- Produce consultant’s brief to develop designs from feasibility stage through concept, scheme and detailed design stages, ensuring continuity of design philosophy and approach
- Lead multiple project teams from inception to delivery of multi-MW hyperscale solutions across the AirTrunk portfolio
- Ensure quality assurance and design checks are undertaken on the consultant design documentation
- Oversee the technical aspects of direct procured equipment and facilitate their interface with the design team
- Define the environmentally sustainable design goals for each project and for the different regions
- Facilitate energy and PUE modelling of the projects
- Define the mechanical solutions for each region and project, engaging in research and development activities focusing on identifying the optimal solutions
- Oversee the commissioning processes
- You have 20+ years of experience in data centre engineering, design and construction
- You have experience working in the APAC market, esp. Japan
- You have proven track record of providing excellent leadership
- You can deliver effective presentations on data centre operations
- You can manage with positive influence
- You are fluent in both English and Japanese
- You are incredibly flexible and forward-thinking as you have to be ready for a continuous change of directions
- You are willing to make decisions and be accountable for them
- You excel at communication; you can deliver effective presentations to customers, peers and management
- You are passionate about helping to grow a business in its early development phase
- You are willing to travel to other APAC regions (post Covid)
The AirTrunk Culture
The pace of our industry and the world of data means you’ll feel an electrifying buzz here at AirTrunk.
AirTrunkers are ever-ready, adaptable and intuitive. We’re a company of challengers – constantly seeing every situation, big and small, as an opportunity to reinvent and change the game.
Each and every AirTrunker brings their unique background, experiences and perspective to help us to be a place where the best, or those with the potential to be, come to work and thrive.
**To all recruitment agencies: AirTrunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AirTrunk employees or any other organization location. AirTrunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.**