AirTrunk is a rapidly growing technology company that exists to reimagine, build and operate data centres to meet the needs of the world’s largest and most influential technology companies today and into the future. Having opened Australia’s first and largest hyperscale data centres, and with development underway in Singapore, Hong Kong and Sydney’s North, we have our eyes set on rapid expansion across Asia Pacific and Japan. We are looking for people who share our energy and passion to support our data-driven future.
As the Senior Data Centre Operations Manager, you will report to the Regional Operations Manager, APAC and work closely with the rest of the Operations team, making your mark in a number of ways:
- You will hire the Japan Operations team including the Critical Environment Facilities Manager, Facility Supervisors, Building Services Manager, Security, Site Team, Smart Hands & 3rd party FM Services provider
- You will help maintain and develop the AirTrunk Operations philosophy of high availability, long term efficiency and first-class customer service.
Your Day to Day
- Execute all aspects of data centre operations including the operation, maintenance and repair of the facility’s services and mission critical systems supporting a 24x7 data centre operation to achieve 100% uptime and compliance with customer SLAs
- Supervise integration of construction activity, in coordination with internal and external construction resources, and to ensure system design, installation & testing adhere to operational standards.
- Attend witness testing of all equipment during commissioning to validate sequence of operations and receipt of all operational documentation
- Identify, evaluate and execute operational strategies to achieve the highest level of availability and operational efficiency for the data centre
- Manage 3rd party outsourced FM Services
- Be responsible for local change management processes
- Manage a team to schedule and execute all planned and emergency maintenance events
- Manage all incidents at the property including technical, operational and security, facilitate emergency responses procedures, resource coordination, customer communication, post event root cause analysis and ongoing problem management
- Deliver accreditation to various compliance initiatives, including, but not limited to, ISO 27001 and SOC2
- Ensure compliance with local regulatory requirements including environmental, building, fire, electrical, mechanical, and safety
- Develop relationship with customers and act as an escalation point during emergency events and day-to-day operations.
- Responsible for the execution of data centre services such as smart hands, customer installations and service requests within agreed timeframes.
- Manage service contracts ensuring compliance with maintenance standards, operational requirements and agreed annual CAPEX/OPEX budgets
- Support the Operations Director with the management of the OPEX/CAPEX budgeting, forecasting and reporting requirements
- Assist in the PO/AP process to ensure adherence to financial control procedures
- Identify improvements that generate operational and financial efficiencies including the development and presentation of the supporting business case
- Track operational metrics, data and analyse risks for management oversight and control for both day-to-day reporting and long-term trend analysis
- You have 10+ years of experience in a critical operational environment and a minimum of 2 years in a senior operations role
- You speak both English and Japanese fluently
- Bachelor’s electrical or mechanical engineering degree is a plus
- You have experience working for a data centre operator in the APAC region
- You are flexible, forward-thinking and adaptable
- You excel at communication; you can deliver effective presentations on data centre operations to customers, peers and management
- You have good leadership acumen to lead multi-disciplinary teams
- You are familiar with the ITIL framework and its application in a data centre
- You are willing to travel to other APAC regions
The AirTrunk Culture
The pace of our industry and the world of data means you’ll feel an electrifying buzz here at AirTrunk.
AirTrunkers are ever-ready, adaptable and intuitive. We’re a company of challengers – constantly seeing every situation, big and small, as an opportunity to reinvent and change the game.
Each and every AirTrunker brings their unique background, experiences and perspective to help us to be a place where the best, or those with the potential to be, come to work and thrive.
**To all recruitment agencies: AirTrunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AirTrunk employees or any other organization location. AirTrunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.**