AirTrunk is a rapidly growing technology company that exists to reimagine, build and operate data centres to meet the needs of the world’s largest and most influential technology companies today and into the future. Having opened Australia’s first and largest hyperscale data centres, and with development underway in Singapore, Hong Kong and Sydney’s North, we have our eyes set on rapid expansion across Asia Pacific and Japan. We are looking for people who share our energy and passion to support our data-driven future.
As the Chief Safety Officer you will report directly to the Founder & CEO (who is based in our HQ in Sydney) and work closely with the rest of the Executive team, making your mark in a number of ways:
- You will be integral in building a safety culture at AirTrunk by managing the health, safety and risk associated with all AirTrunk’s business activities across all construction projects and operational requirements in APAC
- You will drive strategical implementation of good WHS practices across AirTrunk’s business in Asia-Pacific to ensure safely is prioritised for all employees, contractors and suppliers
- You will lead and manage all incident management processes to ensure a safe, healthy and accident free work environment
- You will implement industry leading quality measures across the business that will lead to a sustainable business outcomes
Your Day to Day
- Embed safety as a core value and practice into the execution of AirTrunk’s growth plans
- Ensure that construction and operations contracts are structured, resourced and implemented to drive safe outcomes
- Champion the safety culture of AirTrunk, engaging with management, contractors and staff at all levels, and implementing behaviour-based initiatives that embed the culture of safety in the business.
- Develop the safety context for AirTrunk as a business, drawing on industry standards, proven management practices and legislation across all jurisdictions in which AirTrunk operates.
- Implement and manage WHS policies and reporting whilst continually monitor changes in policy and/or practices that may influence the safety context for AirTrunk.
- Determine the material safety risks facing AirTrunk and ensure necessary resources and processes are allocated to manage and mitigate risks.
- Develop and implement a safety management system that supports the company’s commitment to managing safety effectively.
- Develop and implement appropriate safety and quality standards, and contractual framework for AirTrunk’s suppliers.
- Develop internal safety communication strategy ensuring appropriate policies, procedures and training programs are in place.
- Ensure compliance with legal safety requirements as well as internal management system requirements.
- Develop an auditing and certification strategy to verify and validate the effectiveness of the safety programs.
- Review near misses and incidents and work with teams to develop and implement corrective actions.
- Standardize vendor diligence, including safety track record, global sanctions checks and responsible sourcing and evaluate vendor incentives around safety and code of conduct.
- Present regularly to customers and partner with customers, vendors and suppliers to achieve safety outcomes.
- Provide input to AirTrunk’s sustainability and physical security strategy
- Coach AirTrunk management and staff to embed safety as a core value and performance driver
- Coordinate AirTrunk’s WHSE board committee
- You have 10+ years of leadership experience in a safety leadership role with experience in contractor management and construction
- You have experience in managing safety in developing economies
- You have experience in the design and implementation of relevant company safety management systems
- You have expert knowledge and experience in WHS
- You have detailed knowledge of risk management strategies and processes
- You have a professional attitude with persuasive skills in making things happen
- You have coaching experience and the ability to positively influence staff, management and contractors
- You have good leadership acumen to lead multi-disciplinary teams
The AirTrunk Culture
The pace of our industry and the world of data means you’ll feel an electrifying buzz here at AirTrunk.
AirTrunkers are ever-ready, adaptable and intuitive. We’re a company of challengers – constantly seeing every situation, big and small, as an opportunity to reinvent and change the game.
Each and every AirTrunker brings their unique background, experiences and perspective to help us to be a place where the best, or those with the potential to be, come to work and thrive.
**To all recruitment agencies: AirTrunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, AirTrunk employees or any other organization location. AirTrunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.**