Vonage Engineering Mission
We embody the notion of what's next now! We envision, develop and manage technology to connect the world. Our team brings excellence, passion, creativity and curiosity to the job. We look at the business environment and technologies in new and challenging ways, striving to develop and deliver integrated whole-system solutions to meet our customers’ ever-changing needs.
The mission of the EcoSystem Engineering team is to make our partners successful with the Vonage platform. Our Product and Engineer teams have built an awesome platform with outstanding SDKs and APIs. Our Business Development and Marketing teams attract partners with great applications that need real-time communication. The Ecosystem team develops applications and solutions on top of the platform that ease adoption, development, and operation for our customers.
Why this role matters
We are looking for a Software Engineer to develop internal and customer-facing applications that improve the developer’s experience with the OpenTok platform. This individual will work as part of an Agile Team and be responsible for the Automated Test Case Creation, Test Planning, Test Execution, Continuous Integration and implement and test framework. Your success will come from mastering the OpenTok/Nexmo platform APIs and using that knowledge to provide solutions to our customer’s hardest problems.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW...
What you'll do
- Use the latest technologies such as AWS, Terraform, Kubernetes, micro-service architecture, Redis, Docker, Java, and Python
- Work closely with developers to create test cases, design test plans, and automate test cases for the verification of product functionality.
- Take components and end to end testing responsibilities and define QA cross functional strategy
- Work closely with developers, product owners & scrum masters to review product
- Facilitate the tracking of Bugs and Enhancements (via JIRA and applicable tools)
- Develop and implement the Test Automation strategy/effort
- Document, track and escalate issues as appropriate ability to build effective relationships through partnering and collaboration
What you'll responsible for
- Playing a key role in helping testing the Video/OpenTok platform and test customer-facing tools that provide accessibility to platform data and help customers develop and operate effective and successful applications.
- Automating and architecting the test framework needed for the next generation OpenTok/Nexmo platform APIs.
- Working alongside other Engineers to define, drive and complete the technology strategy.
- Evangelizing the platform and using a feedback-driven methodology to drive test framework enhancements and implement new testing tools as needed.
- Working in rapid 1-2 week development cycles.
- Collaborating closely with our teams located around the world (San Francisco, London, Barcelona).
What's required for application
- At least 5+ years of developing and testing experience in large-scale web and enterprise applications
- Strong knowledge of APIs, SDKs and client libraries.
- Experience with testing modern JS libraries and frameworks (eg.Jest, Mocha, Jasmine, Cypress, webdriver.io etc).
- Experience in developing and running a Continuous Integration system and CD tools (Jenkins, Travis, GitHub Actions or similar tools)
- Background in writing integration and automated tests to create well tested code.
- Ability to understand and design whole systems from front-end to back-end.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science
What's in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location.