Be a part of a growing team at an innovative international technology company experiencing striking growth in the market. We are looking for a highly self-motivated, driven individual to provide leadership and mentoring for a technical support team to enable them to provide world class services and support for our EMEA based customers in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You should possess a strong technical background with experience in supporting cloud computing APIs and SDKs. You are a proven leader with experience in hiring and managing teams of support engineers.
What you will do
- Evaluate and manage the API Group technical support team for EMEA, which includes London and may include other sites in future (eg. Barcelona). Team size is currently eight and growing.
- Work closely with other regional Support leaders in Singapore and San Francisco to ensure consistent high quality service globally (24x7).
- Plan resource needs and hiring.
- Help to design and implement triage, troubleshooting, tools and escalation processes in coordination with the Support Operations team.
- Act as the management escalation contact on customer issues, coordinating communication with the regional Support Team Lead, Support Engineers, Sales, other internal teams, customers, etc
- Effectively communicate customer feedback and feature requirements to Engineering and Product teams to ensure correct prioritization and efficiency.
- Measure and review team performance via SLAs and KPIs. Identify opportunities to improve performance, team structure, processes, support quality, reporting, etc and drive implementation. Implement changes and enhancements.
- Develop the teams technical and business skills through training and mentoring activities and counseling. Mentor Support Engineers on challenging tickets, including customer communication, escalations, assistance from other teams, etc
- Manage team schedules and work allocation to balance workload and maximize effectiveness.
- Foster nascent Knowledge Centered Service practices in the team
- Review and edit documentation.
- Track KPIs and suggest improvements
- Identify knowledge and skill gaps, implement programs to fill gaps.
- Ensure support readiness (managing product-specific Support Readiness Leads) globally. Ensure organisation of regular sessions for team learning and collaboration: process reviews, training sessions, ticket reviews, etc
- 3+ years leadership/management experience in Technical Support or related field
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills with a lot of intellectual curiosity.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to effectively troubleshoot and resolve challenging customer technical problems.
- 5+ years of providing technical support for enterprise customers.
- BS/BA in Computer Science or a related field preferred, or equivalent technical certifications and experience.
- 2+ years CPAAS platform experience, or other related cloud management platform
- 2+ years hands-on developer support
What is in it for you
In addition to providing exciting work, career advancement opportunities, and a collaborative work environment, Vonage provides competitive pay and benefits including unlimited discretionary time off and tuition reimbursement.
Note: The purpose of this profile is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. Assignments may differ for individuals within the same role based on business conditions, departmental need or geographic location. An individual must demonstrate successful performance in their current position before being considered for promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new position.