Travel Requirements: None
Vonage Engineering Mission: Vonage London is the emerging leader in the $100B+ cloud communications platform (CPaaS) market. Customers like Airbnb, Viber, Whatsapp, Snapchat, and many others depend on our APIs and SDKs to connect with their customers all over the world. As businesses continue to shift to a real-time, customer-centric communications model, we are experiencing a time of impressive growth.
Why this role matters
In this position, you will be responsible for working on two major web applications that are important to Vonage's business. One web application is customer facing; the other web application is internal, for staff use only. Java Developers collaborate with product management, UX/usability/front-end specialists, QA testers, and our internal users.
We use continuous integration and release software weekly. We follow the Kanban agile methodology and track our work in JIRA.
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU, CONTINUE READING BELOW…….
What you will do
- Develop features for web applications within the world of cloud communications and APIs. That may include: sign-up workflow; payments and anti-fraud workflow; features to support our products (Messaging, Voice, Verify, Insight, Stitch) including powerful searches and debugging tools for our customers
- Help champion a maintainable well designed Java server-side codebase and look for ways to further improve our applications’ internal design, thinking about build, deployment, object-oriented design, automated testing, error handling, logging, monitoring, et al
- Creating responsive web pages with excellent usability, working in collaboration with the team’s UX/usability and front-end specialists
- Working on two major web applications that are essential to Vonage's business
What you will bring
- Being disruptive. Getting things done. With smart people. Enjoying knowing that the work we do is having a global impact by enabling never before imagined communications.
- We have big goals, and we want the people who join us to be self-confident, focused on customers and delivery, and who are structured and committed in their approach. We iterate quickly, we fail fast, we take smart chances. We value those who will help us continue this spirit
- Values matter at Vonage. We are on a mission to bring value for consumers and enterprises through global cloud based communications.
- But just as important as delivering value is how we deliver that value.
- We believe in integrity. Both personally and professionally. We believe in empowering our employees and are actively seeking entrepreneurs in training who want to help build something larger.
- We have gotten to this point by being committed, passionate, and focused on getting things done. We need more people like us. If this appeals to you then we encourage you to apply.
What is required for application
- BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science, or equivalent in-depth practical experience
- At least 2 years of experience in Java development. We welcome candidates with significantly more years’ experience.
- Spring MVC
- Experience with JUnit unit tests
- HTML and CSS3
- RESTful API design and JSON
- Relational databases / SQL
- Web application security
- Mockito mock objects
What is in it for you
- Unlimited paid holidays
- Matched pension
- Life assurance
- Income Protection
- Cycle to work scheme
- Payroll Giving for Charities
- Season Ticket Loan
- Private Medical
- Dental & Eye Cover
- Gym Membership Loan
- Extended Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Career progression
- Flexible working hours
- Industry conferences as a team or individual
- Free snacks and food
- Friday beer o’clock
- Work laptop
- Secure bicycle storage
- Discounts in London attractions through TasteCard Loan and BUPA, the medical provider
- Social meet ups (hackathon, tech talks, engineering happy hour, ping pong championship for businesses in Shoreditch, etc)
Potential Next Career Move: Senior/Staff Software Engineer