Via is re-engineering public transit, from a regulated system of rigid routes and schedules to a fully dynamic, on-demand network. Via’s mobile app connects multiple passengers who are headed the same way, allowing riders to seamlessly share a dynamically-routed vehicle. First launched in New York City in September 2013, the Via platform operates in New York City, Chicago, and Washington DC, and in London and Amsterdam through ViaVan, its joint venture with Mercedes-Benz Vans. Via also licenses its revolutionary on-demand transit technology to transportation players globally.
As Via’s Public Relations Principal, you will leverage existing contacts and develop new media relationships to drive strategic coverage of Via.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Grow awareness of the Via brand by proactively pitching to broadcast, print, and online outlets; secure placements with media, bloggers, and influencers in multiple sectors, including the public sector, the policy beat, and tech
- Craft a variety of written materials, including news pitches and press releases
- Build and maintain key local and national press relationships
- Create strategic PR plans and generate creative and newsworthy campaigns and storylines to secure a continuous stream of coverage
- Identify and partner with influencers within the transit and mobility space to drive forward research and highlight innovation in the sector
- Proactively work with Via partners to develop strategy for upcoming news announcements and for generating continuous news coverage around partner projects
- Manage media interviews and other speaking opportunities, including prepping spokespeople
- Work alongside external agencies and vendors to supplement our core PR strategy
- 3-5 years’ experience in B2B, technology, or public sector PR and a proven track record of creating and executing successful PR campaigns
- An understanding of procurement and the B2B landscape
- Experience managing media and analyst relationships
- Experience with crisis communications
- Detail-oriented and thorough; able to effectively juggle multiple tasks/projects at once in a fast-paced work environment
- A savvy and tactful communicator with experience managing complex business relationships; you intuitively find the right tone and feel comfortable working with people from a wide range of backgrounds
- A gifted writer who excels at creative storytelling: people often tell you how much they enjoy your writing
- Excellent at building relationships and enjoy both meeting new people and developing existing connections
- Bachelor’s Degree from a top-tier university and a record of exceptional academic achievement (minimum GPA of 3.5/4.0)
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.