Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking an experienced Engineering leader, whom is adept at utilizing resources not always under direct control to make improvements to established designs, optimize operating liquefaction cycles, improve business results, and does not shy away from hands-on work. Minimum experience starts with over fifteen years of progressive accomplishments in the natural gas processing, liquefaction, and/or cryogenic processing areas, to work directly with our SVP, Engineering. Both corporate and field experience is highly desired, including at least one stint in a start-up and commissioning, or early field operations, environment – along with exposure to design engineering. Exposure to Project Economic justification and business trade-offs to optimize returns to shareholders is also desired.
- Utilize and understand process flow diagrams, piping and instrumentation diagrams, and heat and mass balances to develop process simulations and new or revised process control strategies
- Provide oversight of the work being done by other senior engineering leaders in an oversight and coaching role
- Offer creative solutions for process limitations, and unchallenged practices
- Participate in and guide process hazard studies like HAZOP
- Ensure detail design document reviews are completed accurately and within the required timeframe
- Review and optimize engineering design philosophies
- Participate and actively contribute to scheduled design reviews
- Prepare reports and evaluations of engineering solutions and communicate main drivers of the issues concisely, with executives as well as engineers and site technical personnel.
- Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
- 15+ years of combined major project experience in design, commissioning, manufacturing, operations, and site construction. Not interested in candidates with only one area of concentration.
- Experience working on LNG and gas processing plant projects
- Strong technical competence in engineering with expertise in natural gas treatment and liquefaction technology, with cryogenic processing experience considered as an alternative area of expertise
- Experience working across multiple sectors and technologies considered an asset
- Ability to travel as required for projects and to other offices
- Willingness to live in the Arlington, Virginia area