Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s two Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
The Senior Planner / Scheduler reports to the Arlington, VA-based Director of Project Controls and is responsible for providing detailed planning and scheduling for the EPC, Marine, Commissioning and Operations Start Up scopes of work. The role will be part of the corporate Project Controls team that will be performing detailed controls audit functions for all scopes of work associated with the facility and pipeline construction. The role will be based in the company’s offices in Houston, TX, with up to 30% travel to site project locations and the home office in Arlington, VA.
- In coordination with the Corporate Lead Planner / Scheduler, develop detailed and summary EPC, Pipeline, Marine, and Commissioning & Start Up schedules
- Review and analyze site work-hour resources, equipment resources and production rates, collaborate with EPC, Pipeline and Marine reported data
- Review and contribute to detailed site plans and time scaled charts and diagrams
- Monitor project site progress against an established baseline for EPC, Pipeline and Marine scopes of work
- Audit reported EPC and Marine project progress on site and compare against plan and forecast
- Serve as Focal point for Operations during initial planning sessions and into detail schedule development
- Provide impact analysis of scope or sequencing changes, identify opportunities and proactively develop mitigation strategies for the Project Management team for the EPC, Pipeline and Marine scopes of work
- Understand and monitor the execution of key interfaces between various scopes of work, including owner furnished equipment and pipeline construction and commissioning through first line fill
- Review third-party design and/or construction schedules and communicate relationships to interfaces with other project parties
- Provide progress reporting documents and briefing materials as required
- Possesses master schedule understanding and appreciation for phased completion strategies
- A Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering or any related field.
- Minimum 7 years planning and/or construction capital project experience in oil and gas, prefer owner’s experience.
- Demonstrated experience with the design and construction of large-scale, complex projects, including understanding a robust progress reporting methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to understand a demanding, technical and complicated construction program; and the ability to communicate progress and issues to a technical- and management-level audience.
- Experience with reviewing and interpreting Primavera P6 project schedules
- Experience assessing and auditing project schedules and physical progress.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate complex issues to a non-technical audience.
- Experience in utilizing Acumen Fuse, Microsoft Visio and Power BI preferred.
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.