Venture Global LNG (“Venture Global”) is a long-term, low-cost provider of American-produced liquefied natural gas. The company’s Louisiana-based export projects service the global demand for North American natural gas and support the long-term development of clean and reliable North American energy supplies. Using reliable, proven technology in an innovative plant design configuration, Venture Global’s modular, mid-scale plant design will replace traditional designs as it allows for the same efficiency and operational reliability at significantly lower capital cost.
We are seeking Safety & Industrial Hygiene Coordinator to prepare, coordinate, implement and oversee the health and safety programs based upon Health and Safety Guidelines and OSHA. This person will manage the application of these programs in the Venture Global LNG project and the facility following the technical and safety procedures and standards according with the Company business plan. The Safety & Industrial Hygiene Coordinator coordinates all project activities and works with EPC that comply with health and safety and industry requirements. This includes coordination with the Security and Environmental. This position is responsible for the Venture Global Emergency Response (ERP) and emergency response activities. Safety & Industrial Hygiene Coordinator will report to the VP HSSE. This position will be located at site in the Plaquemines Parish, LA area.
- Prepares, implements and coordinates the Health and Safety processes and programs
- Oversees EPC performance in support of EPC activities
- Reviews performance data looking for trends and present means to prevent incidents from occurring.
- Creates and makes recommendations to revise orientation packet and program
- Manages Regulatory/OSHA training requirements
- Coordinates Emergency Response Drills with EPC
- Reviews the work of others to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, local, and departmental, procedures, regulations, guidelines, and standards
- Assists in coordinating Health and Safety audits/assessments. Leads Safety walk-arounds on a daily basis
· Ten or more years of experience in HS policies, procedures and standards in industrial operations and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in HS or closely related field strongly preferred
· Demonstrated knowledge of HS policies, procedures and standards in natural gas process operations and liquefaction facility
· Demonstrated leadership skill with the ability to effectively lead, delegate, motivate and discipline
· Demonstrated communication skills, both written and oral
· Strong attention to details
· Demonstrated ability to remain calm and effective in emergencies;
· Highly computer literate
· High level of HS and Emergency Response knowledge
· Experience in HS policies, procedures and standards in LNG project preferred
· Knowledge of local industry standards pertaining to Safety and Emergency Response
- Demonstrated ability to crawl, climb over obstacles, walk on uneven surfaces, and climb ladders without assistance
- Demonstrated ability to enter confined space or work on high-elevation scaffolding locations wail in a harness and achieve 100% tie off
- Demonstrated ability to climb stairs to the height of 135’ multiple times in a single shift and respond to incidence at height in a timely fashion
Venture Global LNG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.