About the Position
We are looking for an experienced UI Engineer to create in-house tools for teams throughout the firm. As this is a new role, we expect it to focus on systems that facilitate trading with external clients, and highly available, mission critical services used by nearly every person in the firm (e.g., publishers/subscribers, monitoring services, message queues, coordination services) to start. That said, we know several teams across the firm could benefit from your expertise, and we expect the scope of your role to expand over time.
You’ll partner closely with your end-users to understand their workflows and offer up ideas for how we can improve existing tooling, or build new things from scratch. You’ll take the lead in producing prototypes for, and ultimately full implementation of, the finished product. While we are broadly big believers in functional programming, we benefit from a wide range of backgrounds and expertise, and aim to use whichever technology will build the best solutions. We will lean on you to help us identify the tools and technologies that best fit the task in front of us, functional or otherwise. We think this role may also involve data analysis in order to discover where improvements can be made.
While we've done plenty of UI work in the past, this will be the first time we hire someone to specialize in this area. We'd love for this position to evolve over time into thinking about UI engineering more broadly across the firm and creating innovative and functional tools for our colleagues worldwide.
- 3+ years of experience in UI Engineering
- Capable of programming in industry-standard tools for UI Engineering and willing to advise us on what works best for us for the problems we are trying to solve
- Comfortable working on problems that rarely have clean, definitive answers
- Can think outside the box and bring a new perspective to our approach and methodology
- Enjoys collaborating with a wide range of colleagues with different skill sets and levels of experience; we are approachable, humble, and curious, and we’re looking for someone who embodies those traits
- Real passion for and vision to improve and expand our existing toolkit, and a plan to get us there
- Functional programming experience is not required or expected
- Fluency in English required