Critical Mass is looking for a Data Engineering Developer to join our growing team. In this role you will collaborate with the rest of the data engineering team to help us develop code to collect, store, and process huge data sets for analysis and visualization. You will work with the Marketing Science and Technology teams to design and implement the data flows, tools, and processes needed to refine our various data pipelines.
The ideal candidate for this position is an individual contributor that not only provides technical expertise, but also collaborates with other disciplines (Marketing Science), and actively seeks development process improvement.
This position can be done remotely depending on location, within Canada and the US.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Science and Technology teams to enhance our data processing platform
- Develop code in keeping with established processes and standards
- Be proactive about driving best practices for data collection and ingestion
- Provide leadership in the development of the code
- 1+ years engineering experience
- 1+ years working with data in the cloud, ideally using AWS.
- 3+ years working experience as a software engineer
- 2+ years building REST APIs or microservices and consuming external APIs
- 1+ working with data in the cloud, ideally using AWS (Lambda, API Gateway)
- 1+ years working with analytics data (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics)
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented principles and design patterns
- Strong creative problem-solving and troubleshooting ability
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills and organizational skills
- Ability to grasp and adapt to new concepts quickly
- Experience with a modern version control system such as GIT or SVN
- Computer Science or related degree
Nice to Have Skills
- Understanding of AWS SQS/SNS, S3, Glue, RedShift
- Familiarity with distributed computing