As an Account Director your role is to provide overall direction and leadership to the client’s business, as well as facilitates communication between clients, office staff and internal teams. As a seasoned leader, you understand how to develop people as well as build high-energy, multi-disciplinary teams that work in different geographic locations. Clients describe you as an expert and trusted advisor—and you use engaging leadership to develop those senior level relationships. Overall revenue of the business and client satisfaction is on your shoulders—but you have that covered. Most importantly, you’re a leader to internal, multidisciplinary teams who can motivate a team to deliver successful web-based campaigns and programs. You bring a professional and structured approach to business and client services that reflects the culture, service and capabilities of Critical Mass championing best in class work on behalf of the agency.
You will be embedded with our clients working across strategic, conceptual and executional projects that elevate the end customer experience and solve complex business challenges in the areas of digital platform work, marketing science, content development, social media, and digital campaigns. You will be responsible for working with clients to collect business objectives, set and manage expectations, connect projects in with the larger ecosystem of the brand’s marketing initiatives and ensure the work and team are tracking toward the vision and roadmap set forth.
- Provide strategic direction for clients.
- Foster relationships with clients to ensure the effective delivery of projects.
- Lead internal teams and client teams.
- Develop and deliver organic growth opportunities.
- Deliver metrics on the quality of the relationship and the product provided to accounts.
- Ensure all Statements of Work are drafted, documented, accurate, and implemented.
- Foster relationships with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Mentor and coach team members while motivating and leading overall project teams.
- Define and implement best practices at the business unit level.
- Contribute to overall development of the Client Services department.
- 8-12 years of Account Management experience in agencies within digital and integrated marketing and social media.
- Experience working with complex project and complex clients, delivering annual services revenues in excess of $1MM.
- Delivered best in class/award winning creative work.
- Comfortable with data and analytics, building business cases to help sell creative work and show the value of the work back to the client’s business.
- Proficiency with current issues and trends within the online marketing industry, emphasis on emerging media and mobile platforms.
- A solid understanding of user-centric digital, campaign strategy and social media.
- Competency managing high volume, fast turn-around projects.
- Solid experience formulating and driving long-term strategic account plans, strategies, and roadmaps.
- Advanced negotiation, communication, writing, and organization skills with an outstanding attention to detail.
- The leadership skills to motivate distributed teams of 15+ employees.
- Experience in working with a partnership of multiple agencies.
- Health care category experience preferred.