The Critical Mass team in Cupertino sits and works should-to-shoulder with our client. We create applications which drive one of the world’s most trafficked websites. We play an active role helping our client connect their consumers globally through mobile, digital, and in-store experiences.
This team is focused on bringing new product pages to life. You’ll work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to launch new product landing pages for our client’s site. These pages will showcase new product versions and/or updates. There is typically a major release every fall and some smaller updates through the year. If you are a pixel perfect visual designer with flawless execution, who loves the latest and greatest new ‘it product’, this is the role and team for you.
As a Senior Designer on this team you’ll be comfortable being responsible for developing break-through marketing campaigns that incorporate all communications disciplines for new Product Launches. You’ll working closely and collaboratively with both the creative and tech disciplines to create considered and elegant design solution for our client’s homepage and other, additional platforms. You’re also experienced leading a small team of designers and inspiring positive collaboration with stakeholders. You understand brand principles and style guideline and you appreciate an exceptional systematic design rational.
- Create original designs that align to project goals and overall creative direction, fluid templates and our client high standards.
- Collaborate with Art Directors, ACDs, and the larger project team to explore concepts and iterate on design layouts. Anticipate and solve for potential design challenges, as well as existing conditions.
- Prepare for creative reviews by outputting optimized files and presentation materials.
- Guide ideas to meet both creative and business goals within the project scope.
- Present persuasively and clearly articulate design rationale for project creative solutions.
- Consult with technical disciplines to ensure designs work within given limitations, and files are prepared with all necessary information to support the design intent.
- Review final deliverables with an exacting eye, ensuring that layout, images, and typography are flawless.
- Continually seek opportunities to refine design thinking and improve workflows.
- 5-7 year’s experience specializing in visual design for the web, mobile and/or app design.
- High proficiency in the formal elements of design, including typography, layout, balance, proportion, rhythm, emphasis, and unity.
- Ability to thrive in a challenging, fast-paced, creative workplace and to deliver quality design at a high volume in a tight timeframe.
- Photoshop expertise, including intelligently organizing files for design iteration, setting up files for web production, and adhering to graphic design standards.
- Reliable judgment to see when work may be “off track” and initiative to collaborate with others to find solutions.
- Passion for nurturing relationships, mentoring, and rallying teams to align around a vision.
- Ability to articulate ideas and be clearly understood by creative, project management and development staff, both in verbal and in written format.
- Clear communication and presentation skills that speak to both creative and technical audiences.
- Prototyping ability to convey preferred states, motion, and/or behaviors for interactive concepts.
- Strong understanding of web development, including HTML, CSS, iOS, and other technologies.
- A minimum of 6-8 years experience specializing in visual design for the web, mobile and/or app design.