WHAT IS BOX?
Box is the market leader for Cloud Content Management. Our mission is to power how the world works together. Box is partnering with enterprise organizations to accelerate their digital transformation by creating a single platform for secure content management, collaboration and workflow. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us achieve that goal.
By joining Box, you will have the unique opportunity to help capture a majority of this developing market and define what content management looks like for the digital enterprise. Today, Box powers over 97,000 businesses, including 70% of the Fortune 500 who trust Box to manage their content in the cloud.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
Large scale challenges require creative solutions. We will be looking for your creative technical solutions, automation experience, project leadership to deliver creative technology solutions and help guide the team towards success.
Box is hiring a Software Engineer on the Security Automation team who brings solid development experience with an enthusiasm for automation and learning. We're looking for someone who is excited to dive into new projects -- who loves permanently fixing problems and working in a very collaborative culture. The Security Automation team partners with other teams in wider Security Org to build tooling and workflows that improve Box's security posture. This position in particular is focused on developing the anti-abuse program via building large scale data pipelines to detect and mitigate abuse.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Build tools and improve on systems that automate detecting and preventing abuse against Box
- Work on a centralized team of security-focused developers that support efforts across the security organization
- Work with large data sets to identify patterns of abuse via data analysis and ML algorithms, develop new workflows to remediate abuse vectors
- Develop production microservices to consume event streams and provide interfaces to fetch and modify Box data
WHO YOU ARE
- Python development experience, open source contributions to security, IT, or sysadmin projects a plus
- 2+ years demonstrated success working in a software engineering role
- Experience with log/data analysis tools such as Splunk, MySQL, MongoDB, and data pipelines.
- Bonus points for experience in Java/Scala and building ML models
- Strong interpersonal communication and reporting skills
- Strong analytical, design, engineering, planning and problem-solving skills
- Background in at least 2 of the following domains: software development, security products and technologies, security engineering, abuse prevention, security analysis and investigations
- Visit this webpage to check out all of our exciting healthcare benefits:
- For all other benefits, please check out:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, and any other protected ground of discrimination under applicable human rights legislation. Box strives to respect the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and is committed to giving them the same opportunity to succeed as all other employees. Accommodations are available throughout the application process and an employee’s employment at Box.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
To promote the health and safety of all Boxers and our communities, in order to "Go to Work" at Box in the U.S., you must be Fully Vaccinated or have an approved accommodation. "Go(ing) to Work" at Box is defined as visiting a Box office, facility, or co-working site, visiting or meeting in person with fellow Boxers, Box clients and/or customers, vendors, or partners, engaging in business travel, and or participating in any Box-sponsored and/or related activity where others are present. If you are fully remote and do not "Go to Work,” the vaccination requirement is not applicable. "Fully Vaccinated" means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. If you are unable to get a vaccine due to a medical condition, a sincerely-held religious belief or another legally recognized reason, Box will consider requests for an accommodation.
For details on how we protect your information when you apply, please see our