Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
Are you passionate about AI? Do you love engineering solutions enabling fast, cutting-edge science?
As a Data Engineer, Full Stack, for AI at Axon, you will contribute to architecting and implementing the platform used by Axon to annotate sensitive compliant datasets, and build very large scale multimedia datasets for science. Collaborating closely with researchers team, you will enable AI geo-expansion (scale existing products to new markets), as well as AI new capabilities altogether.
The ideal candidate will have a consistent track record of successfully implementing high availability platforms, involving streaming data in real time, and providing an efficient user interface allowing users to manage multi-media content.
What You’ll Do
- Architect, develop and manage the infrastructure to ingest, label, and augment large scale multi-media datasets.
- Deliver a high availability platform for compliant data annotation.
- Deliver a high availability platform for data quality benchmarking.
- Deliver solutions for data analysis and visualization.
- Drive the AI data collection effort, in partnership with our data collection team.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Electronics, Mathematics or an equivalent highly technical field.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience and a proven track record of successfully architecting and maintaining high availability cloud services or cloud data platforms.
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as Splunk or Tableau.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to dive into system architecture, design, performance metrics, code, test plans, project plans, deployments and operations
- Comfort communicating and interacting with scientists, engineers and ML/product managers.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or an equivalent highly technical field.
- Hands-on experience shipping data management platform at scale.
- Hands on experience with multi-media streaming.
- Familiarity with compliance rules and framework.
Benefits that Benefit You
- An awesome office/working environment with the latest technologies
- Competitive salary and benefits including a great medical insurance plan for you and your family
- Free lunch, gym, phone stipend, parking
- Fun team activities and outings
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities for training and rotations in the US
- Opportunities to ride along with real US police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, and get inspired
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.