Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
You are a Software Engineer looking to take your career and technical skills to the next level. Your passion is learning new technical areas and coming up with innovative solutions for customer problems. As a software engineer, you have a track record of building and shipping high quality features, but you are looking for an opportunity to grow rapidly and take on high impact work alongside your team, and at Axon, you will get just that. At Axon, you will use your problem solving skills and leverage modern frameworks and tools to build solutions for emergency responders to make them more effective and efficient with the critical work they do.
Come work in an exciting environment where you will use your passion, experience, and analytical skills to help bring new solutions to public safety and leave a positive impact on the world.
What You’ll Do
Location: London, England or Remote, U.K.
Reports To: Software Engineering Manager
- Participate in code reviews and architecture design meetings
- Own and drive end-to-end features with Product and Design
- Ensure that your code hits a high bar for quality and performance
- Partner with internal teams and agencies to make public safety data accessible and actionable
- Influence peers, advise senior leaders, coach and mentor junior team members
- Facilitate cross-team collaboration among engineers and contribute to the broader community of Axon engineers
What You Bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Highly technical with experience developing and maintaining end-to-end, high availability, high throughput web-scale data systems
- Backend experience in managed languages such as Java, Scala, Go, C#, or similar
- Demonstrated ability to make tough technical decisions based on requirements, constraints, and trade-offs
- You follow the latest in software engineering and open source technologies
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment and are proactive in searching for answers
- You love delighting end users and hunger for novel challenges
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and pension service
- Generous PTO
- Paid parental leave for all
- Private healthcare plan
- Emotional & Development Programs
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work.
Don’t meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
Axon’s mission is to Protect Life and is committed to the well-being and safety of its employees as well as Axon’s impact on the environment. All Axon employees must be aware of and committed to the appropriate environmental, health, and safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Axon employees are empowered to report safety concerns as they arise and activities potentially impacting the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.