Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
As one of the software engineers on the team, you will make key design decisions that will shape this product. You’ll create and maintain the data integration, management, and analytics platform alongside Axon’s newest public safety technology products. This platform will offer law enforcement administrators and crime analysts flexible access to key crime data, decision support, state and federal crime reports, and criminal investigation insights.
Axon has lead the global effort to protect life and through electric weapons, body cameras, a number of real-time sensors, public safety software products and AI tools. Axon is uniquely positioned to tie together every aspect of an incident in order to help law enforcement agencies better prepare for what might happen, respond efficiently and effectively, deliver justice, ensure the well being of their officers, and increase the safety of their communities. Working together with our customers and product teams, you will build the foundation for Axon’s outcome-oriented data efforts.
- Participating in code reviews and architecture design meetings.
- Owning and driving end-to-end features with Product and Design.
- Ensuring that your code hits a high bar for quality and performance.
- Partner with internal teams and agencies to make public safety data accessible and actionable.
- Influence peers, advise senior leaders, coach and mentor junior team members.
- Facilitate cross-team collaboration among engineers and contribute to the broader community of Axon engineers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Highly technical with 2+ years of experience developing and maintaining end-to-end, high availability, high throughput web-scale data systems.
- Backend experience in managed languages such as Java, Scala, Go, C#, Python or similar.
- Demonstrated ability to make tough technical decisions based on requirements, constraints, and trade-offs.
- You follow the latest in software engineering and open source technologies, and can intuit the fine line between promising new practice and overhyped fad.
- Industry experience working with SQL or NoSQL data stores.
- Good Linux/Unix/Mac experience.
- You love delighting end users and hunger for novel challenges.
Compensation and Benefits
- Free lunch, gym, phone stipend, parking.
- Flexible working hours.
- Opportunities for training and rotations in the US.
- Opportunities to ride along with real US police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, and get inspired.
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, sex (including gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), breastfeeding (or medical conditions relating to breast feeding), age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability (including medical condition), veteran status, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities and/or religious reasons to perform the essential functions of this position. Additionally, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or religious reason for any part of the employment process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.