Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
As the Business Controller for Axon Federal, you will report to the Operations Controller and work closely with them to develop Axon’s processes and controls to enable winning in the Federal market and complying with Federal contracting requirements. This includes partnering with Axon’s commercial and Legal teams on Commercial Sales Practices (CSP) forms and GSA compliance, developing policies and processes for Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) compliance and reporting, and participating negotiation of contracts governed by FAR 15.
You will join an environment that favors agility, initiative, and creative thinking. We genuinely love what we do and are looking for those of you who share this passion. Come work with us in a dynamic environment in which you’ll use your passion, technical experience, and strong problem-solving skills.
Your Day to Day
- You will be the primary Finance support to Axon’s Federal team in their pursuit of Federal contracts
- You will operate as Axon’s subject matter expert for compliance with Federal contracting compliance requirements as they affect accounting and financial requirements and reporting
- You will develop and execute Axon’s policies, processes and procedures for compliance with Federal contracting requirements
- You will coordinate cross-functionally across Axon with Sales, Sales Operations, Supply Chain, Legal, People Operations and Finance to support the company’s growth in the Federal market
- You will be the primary Axon point of contact on any Federal audits of our compliance with GSA schedules, Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) and other Federal contracting requirements
- Six (6) to (8) years of experience in an accounting or finance role supporting a business with significant Federal government contracting activities and reporting requirements
- Deep understanding and experience applying the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) cost principles, Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), Agency FAR Supplements, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Understanding of and experience with multiple award contracting, including Federal GSA schedule management considerations (e.g. preparing Commercial Sales Practices submissions, IFF reporting, subsequent GSA schedule requirements monitoring)
- Must be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and highly responsive customer service mindset
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills for frequent interaction with company leaders and customers
- Concern for high-quality deliverables and deadlines
- Superb attention to detail, strong planning and organization skills, and the ability to multi-task, prioritize and deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- Be a part of a company that is making a difference in the world
- And more...
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.