Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
We are building a new product, Axon Records, that will revolutionize the way law enforcement completes one of their most time consuming activities, report writing & scene documentation.
If you love to get close to your users to understand and solve their problems quickly, this is the place for you. If you thrive on working with other teams to drive solutions quickly on a brand-new product, this is the challenge for you. If you are interested in supporting a mission critical product used to save lives, this is the product for you.
AXON is seeking a high-energy, experienced Records Data Analyst with expertise in cloud solutions. This individual will play an instrumental role in supporting critical escalated issues and customer requests. We need a self-starter who excels in a high-paced, evangelistic startup environment, focusing on law enforcement, thriving on resolving technical issues, and building strong customer relationships.
Your Day to Day
- Work closely with Law Enforcement customers to ensure a stellar experience with Axon products and services
- Join Forces with Axon Teams to triage and prioritize agency change and feature requests
- Develop and prepare SQL queries to assist Law Enforcement customers with their reporting needs.
- Provide front line email & phone technical support to Axon Records customers
- Researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve Axon Records system issues
- Follow up with clients to ensure their systems are fully functional after troubleshooting
- Log & provide detailed notes on each customer interaction
- Develop knowledge base articles on top issues
- Solve problems effectively in an ever-evolving environment
- Report bugs and trends to the necessary Axon teams
- Participate in an on-call rotation for outage escalations or escalations as needed
- Travel 1-2 times per quarter to customer sites to ensure successful and smooth deployments
- Determine the urgency of issues for each client and their placement in the prioritization of issues for their entire group of assigned clients
- Proactively improve knowledge and develop analytical and technical skills
- Provide back-up support to other Technical Support teams - Axon Dispatch, Axon Evidence, etc.
- Minimum of 5+ years of technical support experience for cloud-based products
- Must have intellectual curiosity, humility, accountability and positive approach
- Must be a strong communicator (both oral & written)
- Knowledge of Project Management concepts
- Experience working with relational databases and SQL
- Ability to write, modify, and troubleshoot SQL queries
- Experience working with business intelligence applications such as Tableau, Power BI, Crystal Reports
- Experience working with JSON and XML
- Experience with API troubleshooting, and documentation
- Knowledge of computer/server hardware, operating systems, and storage devices
- Networking experience – LAN, WAN, 10/100/Gig Ethernet, Firewalls, and TCP/IP, subnets, MTU, etc.
- Experience with the Azure Cloud Ecosystem
- Requires the ability to work independently with substantial latitude for action and decision while maintaining focus on achieving optimal outcomes as part of a collaborative development effort
- Ability to articulate at a technical level appropriate to the circumstance – i.e. for clients with varying levels of IT knowledge and skillset
- Strong organizational skills
- Willing to travel 15% of the year
- Must be able to pass a CJIS Level 4 background check
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, related field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years experience in Law Enforcement technology
- Background in Records or Dispatch systems
- Intermediate knowledge of National Incident-Based Reporting System (NIBRS)
- 2 to 3+ years of experience in networking. Preference will be given to those with technical support roles, in particular to public safety and government
- Azure Cloud certifications
- Network professional certifications, such as but not limited to: CCNA, CompTIA Network+, etc.
- Experience with SSO identity providers: ADFS, Azure, OKTA
- Experience using tools to review metrics and logs (e.g. DataDog, Splunk) to triage and investigate errors
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of public safety technological needs and workflows – especially within PSAPs and Law Enforcement agencies
- Experience with writing technical and process documentation
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Remote work/work from home availability
- Flexible working hours
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- An awesome office/working environment with the latest technologies and work with top engineers in the world
- And more...
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, sex (including gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, childbirth, or medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth), breastfeeding (or medical conditions relating to breast feeding), age, marital status, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, disability (including medical condition), veteran status, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state, or federal law.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities and/or religious reasons to perform the essential functions of this position. Additionally, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability or religious reason for any part of the employment process, please send an email to email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.