Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Location: Seattle, WA
Axon has revolutionized Law Enforcement with a suite of connected devices, cloud services and apps that work together to protect life, reduce social conflict and accelerate truth and justice. You will work on embedded software that communicates to these devices and manages information about evidence collected by law enforcement. You will be part of the Axon team where we cultivate an environment that favors team work, initiative, and creative thinking. You will be working in close collaboration with devices and cloud services teams.
Your Day to Day
- Designing and writing embedded C++ / Qt framework features for Axon devices.
- Feature work that communicates and manages devices.
- Feature work that interacts with online services centered around device management.
- Coordinating with hardware team.
- Planning and coordinating roadmap and driving with product team and cross-team.
- Creating and reviewing design documents.
- Mentoring and developing team members.
- 5+ years of a professional software development experience backed by strong computer science fundamentals.
- Excellent design, development, debugging, and customer-centric maintenance skills within the software-development life cycle.
- Mastery of C++.
- Embedded / device software development experience required, embedded Linux environment preferred.
- Strong development / debugging experience and usage of modern tooling and scripting.
- Experience utilizing online services (e.g., making JSON packaged RESTful API calls).
- Hands-on experience owning large end-to-end features in a product that shipped multiple versions.
- Leadership including technical leadership driving areas of ownership, cross-group leadership, and coaching + mentoring team members.
- Consistent high quality results when taking on large projects and scaling up in new technologies.
- Windows client application development experience.
- Experience developing software running on Yocto embedded Linux.
- Python expertise.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers to see them use our technology and get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.