Now a Vonage company, Nexmo is an emerging leader in the $100B+ cloud communications platform (CPaaS) market. Customers like Airbnb, Viber, WhatsApp, Snapchat, and many others depend on our APIs and SDKs to connect with their customers all over the world.
With the rapid growth in customers using our communication APIs, we are expanding our team in Asia. We are looking for a Technical Support Engineer who enjoys learning new technologies, and has a passion for helping customers succeed.
What You Will Be Great At
- Providing customers with lightning-fast response and resolution times, combined with great communication, so they are delighted with the Nexmo service
- Getting stuff done for the customer, doing whatever it takes to ensure their success
- Capturing knowledge, for customers who prefer solving their own issues without having to contact support
- Identifying larger opportunities, so our sales team can ensure we meet the needs of our most important clients
- Following processes, unless customers are better served by breaking our rules or improving our processes
What You Must Have Experience In
Successful candidates are likely to be experienced in technical support, ideally within the telecommunications or technology sectors.
- Messaging: e.g. SMPP, GSM, SMS
- Voice technologies: e.g. SIP, VoiceXML, CCXML, WebRTC
- Voice software: e.g. Asterisk, Freeswitch, Kamailio, Voxeo Prophecy
- Scripting languages: PHP, Python, Ruby, Node or Java
Nexmo Support Engineers possess excellent communication skills, both talking and writing with our customers and internal stakeholders. They also have great judgment and personal organisation habits to ensure every customer issue gets the right focus. Our SEs are fascinated with problem solving, have a natural curiosity and can demonstrate the ability to learn rapidly.
The ideal candidate will have experience supporting APIs or SDKs, or of software development. Additional Asian languages will be a plus.
Nexmo, the Vonage API Platform... Who are we?
Nexmo, the Vonage API Platform, provides tools for voice, messaging and phone verification, allowing developers to embed programmable communications into mobile apps, websites and business systems. Nexmo enables enterprises to reimagine their digital customer experiences by providing them with the tools they need to easily communicate information to customers in real-time through text messaging, chat, social media and voice.
Industry leaders including Snapchat, Zalora, Uber, Telegram, Lazada, KLM, GrabTaxi, Airbnb, Alibaba and Daimler send millions of messages per month using Nexmo APIs.
Founded in 2010, Nexmo is now the Vonage API Platform and remains a fast growing startup, with over 300 people employed across our San Francisco, London, Singapore and Hong Kong locations.
Why Nexmo… Our values!
Being disruptive, getting things done, and working with passion and integrity are the values that matter at Nexmo. We are on a mission to enable simplified communications between enterprises and their customers by empowering our employees. We strive for passion and integrity, both personally and professionally.
We have achieved significant growth by hiring exceptional people. We have big goals, and we want the people who join us to be self confident, focused on customers and delivery, and who are structured and committed in their approach. We value those who will help us continue this spirit. If this appeals to you then we encourage you to apply.