Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals.
As a Strategic Proposals Associate Principal at Via, you will work to improve mobility by forging new partnerships with public transit providers through thoughtful, exceptionally-written proposals. Working with senior members of the Strategy Team, you will develop a deep understanding of potential partners’ transportation challenges and goals, learn Via’s unique technical and operational strengths, and coordinate high-quality written proposals for effective shared mobility services.
What You'll Do:
- Hone your strategic thinking skills by coordinating with Via’s Partnerships, Expansion, and Finance teams to develop strategies for winning high-stakes, competitive procurements.
- Absorb complex product specifications and distill into clear, easily-digestible prose.
- Generate compelling original content by ascertaining a potential partner's needs and deploying your familiarity with Via’s technology and operational capabilities, transit norms, and the latest innovations from across the industry.
- Lead competitive procurements from beginning to end -- through evaluation, creation of exceptional proposal content, review, and submission.
- Conduct rigorous research on global mobility trends by analyzing news stories, new service announcements, scopes of work, and other forms of information and synthesizing findings into insightful commentary.
- Skillfully manage communications with potential partners over the phone and email.
- Support senior team members during interviews with cities and transit agencies.
Who You Are:
- Meticulous and strategic; you can pay attention to every detail in a complex project while, at the same time, relating each of them to the big picture in a coherent way.
- An exceptional writer and communicator with an instinctive appreciation for tone and structure; your colleagues have told you that they enjoy reading your work (and maybe you’ve even won awards).
- Socially-minded, action-oriented, and passionate about urbanism; you understand the importance of public transit and are motivated to improve worldwide access to mobility.
- Able to quickly switch gears to coordinate with teams across the company and team members from associate-level to C-suite.
- An academic high-achiever, preferably in the humanities, social sciences, or another field that requires regular long-form writing and argumentation (undergraduate degree required; advanced degree preferred).
- It’s a plus if you have created and published an original and thoughtful essay, op-ed, or other piece of content; bonus points if it is on the subject of technology, transit, urbanism, mobility, business strategy, or a related topic.
- It’s a plus if you have led (or played a leading role in) the development and success of a business or public sector proposal/pitch/deal/etc.
- It’s a plus if you have prior experience at a startup, transportation consulting firm, management consulting firm, or in the public sector.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Final salary will be determined by the candidate’s experience, knowledge, and skills. Salary reflected does not include equity or variable pay, where applicable
- Salary Range: $85,000-$110,000
- We are proud to offer a generous and comprehensive benefits package, including free medical plans and 401K matching.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
We created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.