Via is using technology to transform transportation around the world. From changing a single person’s daily commute to reducing humanity’s collective environmental footprint — we’ve got huge goals. Our 500+ partnerships worldwide include new mobility solutions for people with disabilities, improved services for senior citizens, reduction of congestion at work sites, and improving public transit between suburban areas and city centers, just to name a few.
As Business Development Representative, you will support the growth of our business in DACH by helping generate new business opportunities. You will report to the global Marketing - Demand Generation team and partner with local Partnerships team members. Through inbound and outbound activities, you will prospect and meet with potential partners articulating the value of Via’s on-demand transit solution and planting the seeds of a potential long-term relationship. This is the opportunity for you to shape inbound and outbound strategies for an entire region and familiarize yourself with complex consultative software sales cycles and nurture long-term genuine relationships with prospective private and public partners.
We’re flexible on location, as long as you’re based in Germany and able to do monthly visits to our Berlin office, as well as provide onsite support at conferences.
What You’ll Do:
- Generate new business leads and relationships via cold calling, emails, pre-existing contacts, and research; qualify inbound lead
- In collaboration with the Partnerships team, secure and manage meetings with potential clients
- Help develop and leverage marketing campaigns
- Become an expert on Via’s on-demand transit solution and clearly convey its value proposition and capabilities to external parties, including but not limited to transit agencies, cities, metropolitan planning organizations, corporations, school districts,
- Manage your pipeline using our CRM and other technology tools
- Hit and exceed quarterly opportunity creation goals, consistently staying on top of associated KPIs
What We Offer:
- Trust and autonomy: we know which challenges we want to tackle but we will let you decide how to approach them –and be ready to support you along the way
- A stimulating environment: meet impact-driven managers and colleagues with whom to discuss the best approaches to improve our mobility solutions
- Long-term career opportunities: whether you grow your expertise by tackling new issues or decide to explore a new career path, we’re in it for the long run
- Impactful work: we are having an influence on the ability of people to move around and access more opportunities in over 35 countries.
Who You Are:
- Fluent in German (native-level) and English
- 0-3 years of work experience including internships
- Detail-oriented and thorough; able to effectively juggle multiple tasks and projects at once in a highly fluid work environment
- You have an appetite for learning, with the ability to receive and implement feedback
- Organized and independent, you’re both an individual contributor and a team player
- Passionate about growth; you’re not deterred by setbacks and enjoy the process of building relationships over time
- Higher education with a track record of academic achievement
What Catches Our Eye:
- Sales/business development experience
- Hands-on experience with market-mapping and client outreach
- You've worked at a fast-growing startup in the technology, software, or mobility space
- Smart: We dive head first into the most challenging problems and design creative, intelligent solutions — on our customers’ behalf.
- Human: We are relatable, warm, friendly, and occasionally vulnerable. We are always trying our best to do the most good for people and the planet. When we mess up, we own it, apologize, and keep it moving.
- Shared: Beyond rides, we have a culture of sharing. That means knowledge, ideas, tasks, resources are all a communal experience. We are an empathetic group; we are on this ride together.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.