As a Senior Full Stack Software Engineer, you will help create new scalable software solutions for Via. You will join a cross-functional team in our R&D center in Sofia, which is responsible for the full software development life cycle from conception to deployment.
What You’ll Do
- Develop backend services in a serverless and microservices ecosystem using Node.js and Golang.
- Develop frontend implementations using React and the latest Web standards.
- Utilize React/Redux and common ecosystem libraries.
- Research and support the development of native mobile applications.
- Operate with existing relational (PostgreSQL) and non-relational (e.g. DynamoDB) databases, analyzing and designing the database structure.
- Apply best practices to the design of data structures and algorithms, striving for both simplicity and performance.
- Write technical docs and implementation proposals.
- Mentor your team and help improve overall performance.
- Bring ideas to the table, take ownership over project timelines and deliverables, and help us scale.
Who You Are
- Proven experience as a Full Stack developer.
- Familiar with common stacks React, Node.js and Go.
- A fast learner with a knack for visual design and utility.
- A humble and proactive team player who is able to put their ego aside, share expertise with the team, and motivate and drive colleagues towards success.
- Good communication skills and logical thinking.
- Fluent in Bulgarian and English.
What Catches Our Eye
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with distributed systems.
- Experience working in the mobility sector.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated at Via.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunities employer.