Global Operations works across Via’s business portfolio to drive operational excellence and innovation in transit services around the world. As Trust & Safety Principal, you’ll define the strategy and direction for existing and new initiatives, set benchmarks and measure results, and refine operations for maximum impact. This is a unique opportunity to help build a cross-functional team and deliver outcomes with tangible impact on a broad range of workstreams, including physical safety and platform abuse. We are a low-ego, high-impact team who enjoy finding creative solutions to complex problems.
What You'll Do:
- Set and own weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual trust & safety targets while developing and executing creative strategies to achieve them
- Refine and revise standard operating procedures within and across Via’s different lines of business
- Collaborate cross-functionally with executive leaders and stakeholders from across the organization including Product, Legal, Operations, and Support teams
- Serve as internal subject matter expert providing an independent perspective to operating teams on how to incorporate trust & safety goals
- Work with product leaders to develop and prioritize safety oriented features across Via’s suite of products
- Leverage data, on the ground insights, and best practices to uncover new opportunities for improvement
- Work with existing, and develop new, external partnerships to achieve Via’s growth and operational objectives
Who You Are:
- Highly analytical and a good communicator. You can not only knock out a complex analysis, but can quickly distill key insights for various groups.
- Able to own large, complex, cross-functional projects end-to-end and drive to results
- Meticulous and vigilant, with a keen attention to detail
- Collaborative and able to generate buy-in to get things done within a multi-team, multi-geography organization
- Comfortable with analytical tools (e.g., Excel, Tableau, SQL, Python) and a willingness to further develop this skill set
- Excited to mentor and manage Associate and Associate Principal team members
- 5+ years of work experience, likely at a high-growth startup, established tech company, consulting, legal, or financial firm
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree with a record of exceptional academic and professional achievement
What Catches Our Eye:
- Demonstrated record of entrepreneurial achievement
- Prior experience in a trust & safety, compliance, or legal role including familiarity with industry safety best practices and experience with escalation and crisis management
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.