As Legal Operations Associate Principal, you will join our growing Compliance team, working closely with a small team of highly dedicated and dynamic lawyers and legal operations professionals. You will be fully integrated into the Legal team, and your experience will be substantive and varied.
What You'll Do:
- Research applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, especially those applicable to transportation network companies, for a wide variety of domestic and international on-demand transit deployments.
- Work cross-functionally with Partnerships and Operations teams to build processes that ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, especially with applicable Department of Transportation and Federal Transit Administration regulations.
- Advise the company’s Business Development and Operations teams on insurance, licensing and risk-related matters, enabling the company to support commercial partner requirements and facilitate growth.
- Develop streamlined processes for responding to complex information requests and work with the Legal team on data production in responding to external audit inquiries.
- Provide guidance to the company’s Support Operations team for management of escalated cases.
- Create training materials and lead certain internal company training sessions, with a focus on regulatory compliance.
- Be an expert on federal and state background check requirements and oversee the adjudication of background checks, consistent with regulatory requirements and contractual obligations.
- Develop working knowledge of internal databases and systems in order to extract insights from data in making business and risk decisions.
- Provide administrative support and assist with special projects, as assigned.
Who You Are:
- 3-5+ years professional work experience (preferably with late-stage or public technology companies)
- Meticulous and vigilant, with a keen attention to detail
- Intellectually curious with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Interested in the changing regulatory landscape of the on-demand transportation industry
- Excited by tech culture, especially collaborative workspaces and dynamic projects
- Positive, enthusiastic and eager to help others
- Skilled communicator with strong organizational skills and the ability to effectively manage competing priorities
- Earned a Bachelor's Degree, Master’s Degree is a plus
What Catches Our Eye:
- Prior legal operations or paralegal experience, although not required
- Experience in the transportation industry and familiarity with applicable laws and regulations
- Experience with insurance claims or litigation is a bonus
- Go-getter who is interested in the law
- Strong academic record
- Spanish or French language skills are a plus
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?