Via is looking for an Associate Principal to join the Finance team. This person will be involved in all aspects of the core finance functions at Via, including the month-end financial close, financial reporting, technical accounting research, and preparing and monitoring key operational metrics, while driving process improvement throughout the finance organization. A successful candidate will be organized and structured in their thinking, able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, be motivated to take on new and challenging projects, and be a clear communicator.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage finance and accounting projects across Via’s operations, developing a unique knowledge and understanding of the business as a whole
- Support all aspects of the monthly close, working closely with other members of the finance team to ensure accurate and timely reporting that will help efficient decision-making at the management and operational level
- Scale up the Company’s systems and processes as we continue to expand, playing a large role in ensuring compliance and optimization of accounting and tax structures
- Partner cross-functionally with operations, growth, data, and partnership teams to understand the implications of new business initiatives and assist in the development of adequate reporting
- Assist in the documentation and implementation of organization wide control processes for various functions
Who You Are:
- Organized and independent; a self-starter who is comfortable taking on significant responsibility
- Willingness and ability to learn complex processes and systems
- Strong analytical and communication skills; you’re able to analyze a problem, pay attention to details, work through a solution, and discuss your analysis
- Background in audit or tax at an elite public accounting firm, and experience in a corporate accounting role, ideally at a fast-paced high growth start-up or public company
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or a similar field of study
- 4-8 years of relevant work experience
What Catches Our Eye:
- Prior experience at a large global public accounting firm, or a fast-paced high growth start-up
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience managing the revenue process in a technology / SaaS company is a plus but not required
- Experience with a key system implementation or accounting process transformation is a major bonus
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?