As a Data Warehouse Administrator, you’ll help manage our mission-critical data infrastructure based on Snowflake’s Data Cloud services. It seamlessly enables mass-scale, highly complex and data intensive operational service alongside cutting-edge algorithmic and analytics research for our global mobility platform. You’ll be working within a global team spread across the USA and Europe on a daily basis.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for the Snowflake platform governance, operations, and monitoring.
- Manage and monitor user access and permissions to the Snowflake resources.
- Proactively monitoring health, tuning and optimizations, and growth of the data warehouse.
- Develops, implements, administers and maintains operational automation scripting.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors.
- Build and manage the data infrastructure at scale that enables the rest of the company to easily interact with the mass-scale company data.
- Assist with critical Snowflake data-integrations
Who You Are:
- 3+ years of experience as a DBA.
- 2+ years of experience working with data-warehouses like Snowflake, Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift.
- Solid grasp of database engineering and design.
- Proficiency in SQL.
- Good Python or other scripting programming languages.
- Experience with ETL/ELT tools.
- Concise: you get stuff done, in a simple, elegant way.
- Fast learner: you can quickly master concepts, disciplines and methods.
- Team worker: you understand the goals of the team and work towards them.
- Pragmatic: you hear about a difficult problem and are able to transform it into a simple one (or more) that you can easily solve.
What Catches Our Eye:
- Experience with tools like Apache Airflow, dbt, Apache Kafka.
- Experience with AWS, Terraform, DevOps, Networking.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. Our guiding principle is simple: we know that the future of transportation is safe, dynamic, shared public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, complements existing transit infrastructure, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around. Through intelligently designed operating systems and sophisticated routing algorithms, we build localized and customizable solutions for each and every one of our global partners (100 and counting, last we checked…)
Long story short: we’re very proud to be championing the transportation evolution of cities around the world and modernizing mobility. Ready to join the ride?
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.
! Via cares about your health and safety and takes prevention and control measures to limit the transmission of COVID-19. In this regard we are temporarily transitioning to an entirely virtual hiring process and we have also implemented an effective work-from-home policy across all of our offices.
*In regard to GDPR 2016/679 you hereby give your consent the personal data included in your CV/Resume/Motivational letter to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment and hiring process in the company.