As Operations Planning Specialist, you will be responsible for helping deploy Via's innovative ride-sharing technology in Berlin as we expand our European partnerships business. You will play a key operational role in the mobility revolution happening in one of Europe’s most innovative cities. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with strong analytical skills to apply this “muscle” in real operations, and experience the dynamics of the rapidly changing mobility industry up close.
What You'll Do:
- Play a key role in launching our operations on the ground, and work with our experienced senior leadership team to set up and operate the service
- Utilize our proprietary tools to work on the daily optimization of our service: tweaking shift plans, and striking the perfect balance between a very reliable and satisfying service for our customers, high efficiency, and a great working environment for our drivers
- Work closely together with our senior planning and city economics team and come up with new planning approaches
- Coordinate with our product teams in Tel Aviv and New York to ensure our tools are continuously optimized for our needs, and work on real-time problem solving
- Engage with operational staff, support staff, and drivers to gather and discuss feedback
Who You Are:
- You enjoy trying out new things and solving problems in real time, and want to get deeply involved in using technology to steer and optimize large operations
- You are very diligent - you are aware that your actions have impact on real operations
- You have strong analytical skills and enjoy optimizations; however, you are aware that we are not just optimizing a “system”, but that there are real drivers and riders behind every plan
- You are tech savvy - you don’t need to know how to code, but you will be working at the forefront of our technology
- Entrepreneurial attitude - you like to work independently and assume a lot of responsibility
- A true team player, you enjoy working in an energetic team environment
- Willing to wear multiple hats and contribute on projects of all types
- Ability to stay calm in stressful situations and develop creative solutions in real time
- Fluent German speaker with strong proficiency in English
- You have a University or Fachhochschule degree, ideally in a field where you gathered optimization, analytics, or quantitative experience
What Catches Our Eye:
- Masters degree
- Previous project management, operations, or customer service experience
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Experience in the field of para transit or working with people with disabilities
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We've partnered with Europe's largest cities and most progressive transport leaders to launch next-generation public mobility systems in over 50 European cities — from advanced wheelchair accessible services in Berlin, to on-demand buses in London, to reimagined school transport services in rural France, and everything in between.
We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunities employer.