As a Mobility Consulting and Planning Principal, you’ll be on the cutting-edge of the mobility revolution, combining your exceptional analytical skills with Via’s and Remix’s sophisticated transit planning and simulation technology and best practices. You’ll collaborate closely with our city and transit agency partners to deliver forward-thinking on-demand transit, new mobility, and multimodal plans and studies and to design and optimize mobility services around the world.
What You'll Do
- Lead complex, multimodal transportation analysis to help communities study and design forward-looking, intermodal transportation and transit systems.
- Identify new product requirements that would allow Via to better meet the requirements of cities and transit agencies. Work with the Via and Remix technology team to develop, test, and market the new products to our partners.
- Solve complex transportation problems by identifying where and how on-demand transit can improve a multi-modal network by providing a first/last mile service for a bus or rail line, optimizing coverage in areas with under-performing fixed-route service, or upgrading paratransit/dial-a-ride.
- Bring analytical rigor and planning expertise to Via’s business development process by designing customized mobility services for potential partners (from major transit agencies to small cities) based on their geographies, land-use patterns, policy objectives, and budgets.
- Continuously optimize Via’s partners’ service by providing detailed and action-oriented advice about quality of service, productivity, and fixed-route transit integration opportunities; you will help ensure the success of Via’s global deployments..
- Carry out business development activities to support the growth of Via’s consulting and planning business.
Who You Are
- Passion for transportation and improving access to mobility in urban, suburban, and rural communities around the world.
- Graduate level degree in transportation planning, urban planning, public policy, business, or similar field from a top-tier program.
- At least five years of consulting or transportation planning experience (preferably at a top-notch consulting or planning firm); you’re comfortable managing complex strategic and spatial analysis and are eager to apply your skills in new and exciting ways.
- Experience gathering and analyzing a broad range of economic, demographic, and other data using GIS and other tools.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, especially the ability to break down and communicate complex problems to non-subject matter experts.
What Catches Our Eye:
- Experience managing complex and innovative mobility and transportation consulting projects.
- Graduate level degree in transportation planning, urban planning, civil engineering or similar field from a top-tier program strongly preferred
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.