As our Transportation Community Strategist, you play a strategic role to ensure Via’s success in the broader transportation industry. You will embody our mission both internally and externally, champion the work of our city and agency partners, and connect the company to industry trends, contacts, and events. You must demonstrate knowledge on a wide variety of aspects of the overall mobility ecosystem, love staying up-to-date on the latest thinking and relevant current events in the space, and be capable of identifying and creating project opportunities that benefit our partners and community.
What You'll Do
- Proactively identify, secure, and own strategic initiatives with outside organizations that help achieve external-facing company goals across Via’s portfolio
- Shape and contribute to the voice of the company through presentations, blog posts, webinars, conferences, etc, making clear the company’s domain expertise, understanding of best practices, breadth of work with agency partners, and overall thought leadership in the space
- Lead participation in key industry organizations, nonprofits, community groups, and conference submittals
- Work closely with the Marketing, Policy, and leadership teams to collaborate on key cross-functional initiatives and build community (for example, TranspoTalk)
- Maintain and nurture a robust network of transportation industry contacts for communications and partnership opportunities
- Establish and maintain Via’s leadership role in the transportation industry
Who You Are
- Fluency and diversity of experiences in and around the transportation field - such as consulting, advocacy, public sector, startup, etc.
- Compelling public speaker, confident communicator, and savvy networker
- Organized and independent; you’re both an individual contributor and a team player: people love working with you and collaborating with you
- Creative and high energy; you’re a self-starter that loves both coming up with new ideas and executing them
- Experience managing complex relationships; you intuitively find the right tone and feel comfortable working with people from a wide range of backgrounds
- Enjoys travel, attending conferences, events, and are excited by the dynamic and potentially mobile nature of this position
What Catches Our Eye:
- 5+ years of work experience in a fast-paced environment
- Well-known voice and strong network in the transportation industry
- Excellence in public speaking and writing
- Strong articulation of points of view on current relevant topics across transportation, mobility, urbanism, and technology
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.