As General Manager, Belgium, you will be responsible for building and fostering a genuine, long-lasting relationship with strategic regional partners and for providing them with guidance on operational, go-to-market, and product strategy. You will be responsible for launching and managing Via’s largest operational deployment in Europe – as well as one of the most ambitious mobility projects worldwide. From building a local operations team to owning the P&L to coordinating among senior stakeholders and operational partners: you will be the one shaping the success of a lighthouse mobility project with far-reaching impact.
This GM role requires a combination of intelligence, creativity, and leadership that few possess. This is an opportunity for a truly outstanding project manager and entrepreneur to help build one of Via’s newest business lines and to shape the future of Via in Europe. You’ll need to be a skilful relationship builder, an operations expert, and an exceptionally creative problem solver. We hope you’re up for it!
What You'll Do
- Build a deep and trusting long-term partner relationship with one of the main public entities in Belgium and contribute to the success one of the most ambitious mobility projects in the country
- In the first phase of the project, oversee the project management of the launch and ongoing operations, working with both the partner and Via’s internal cross-functional teams of experts to manage all aspects of this multi-disciplinary project including product and service design
- Ensure the timely delivery of the whole project from initial testing to pilot phase to complete roll-out as well as future evolutions
- Following launch, you will own the P&L for this project, set aggressive targets, and chase results to scale processes and systems to drive rapid growth
- Oversee and scale operational processes, including the management of a next-generation call center to ensure successful operational execution on a day-to-day basis
- Become an expert on the Via’s Integrated Mobility Platform platform, leveraging deep product knowledge and an understanding of partner pain points to distill requests and ideas into actionable next steps and technology features
Who You Are
- 8+ years of work experience, preferably in a client management, consulting, public sector, and/or education sector role
- Commercially astute: you have solid business judgment and enjoy making deals and pursuing revenue
- Independent self-starter: you thrive in fast-paced environments and feel comfortable with a very high level of responsibility. You can troubleshoot issues in real-time and oversee multiple tasks simultaneously
- A savvy and tactful communicator with a demonstrated record of building and fostering durable business relationships; you intuitively find the right tone and feel comfortable working with people from a wide range of backgrounds. You remain calm and collected when facing crisis or criticism, and celebrate partners’ successes with them
- A strong executor: you get the job done while keeping the big picture firmly in mind
- Earned a Master’s Degree with a record of exceptional academic achievement
- Fluent in Dutch and English
What Catches Our Eye
- Earned an MBA
- Prior experience in the public sector
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
We’re proud to be leading a worldwide transportation revolution and modernizing mobility for all. Through intelligently-designed systems and sophisticated algorithms, we craft localized solutions for each one of our global partners. Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.