We are looking for a Senior Java Backend Engineer for our routing group to join our R&D center in Israel.
The position will be part of an Engineering team responsible for Via’s production quality, highly scalable backend micro-services and robust infrastructure to deliver Via's ride sharing service globally. You will also build the cloud based tools that enable Via's dispatch operators and drivers to seamlessly handle real-time shared rides on a mass scale.
What You’ll Do
- Implement the components that bind complex routing, real-time customer and driver management, mass scale user communication into a complete, mission critical service.
- Define and implement effective cloud infrastructure scaling solutions based on best-in-class standard tools.
- Design and implement POCs (proof of concept) and production ready sub-systems to handle customer service, advanced analytics, operational shift management and more.
Who You Are
- You have 5+ years of backend programming experience.
- You have solid algorithms and data structures knowledge.
- You have a solid background in some of the programming languages: Java/Python/ C++.
- You are familiar with cloud-based deployment (AWS, GCP or other platforms).
- You are familiar with Docker and Kubernetes.
- You are not afraid of multitasking or switching between different programming languages, each suitable for different tasks (such as Java, Python, C++ etc.)
- You are a fast learner - you can quickly master concepts, disciplines and methods.
- You are a flexible team player with great communication skills.
- You are pragmatic - when you hear about a difficult problem you are able to simplify it so that you can easily solve it.
- You are concise - you get stuff done, in a simple, elegant way.
What Catches Our Eye
- BSc in Computer Science or similar.
- Independent, flexible and adaptive to change.
- Experience working in a SaaS environment.
- Experience working on projects with short deadlines.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities and transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, and operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?