Via is looking for a Director of Internal Audit who will lead the effort to build our internal audit function from the ground up. You will be responsible for assisting in the development and execution of a risk-based audit plan and evaluating entity-wide processes and internal controls to ensure we continue to operated in a well-managed and controller environment consistent with PCAOB standards. A successful candidate will be a motivated, organized, self starter with strong project management skills and a proven record of success working in a fast-paced environment.
What You'll Do:
- Establish the vision for the internal audit function and lead the development of the department’s standard operating procedures.
- Perform key risk assessment procedures within financial and other entity-wide functions.
- Conduct process walkthroughs to evaluate design and perform key controls testing to determine effectiveness of internal controls.
- Engage in SOX planning and compliance discussions with management and external auditors and perform quality assurance reviews of testing results.
- Liaise with outside advisors and internal stakeholders, design and implement internal control and risk management processes based on entity-wide and process level risks.
- Identify systems, business and process improvement opportunities and present observations and measurable recommendations to management.
- Prepare the audit reports and discuss internal audit and SOX compliance audit results with management and the Board of Directors.
- Utilize data analytics tools and an audit management application for the internal audit planning, field work and reporting.
- Perform special risk and compliance projects or investigations as needed.
Who You Are:
- At least 10 years of experience with a mix of working at a top tier public accounting firm and an internal audit group in private industry, ideally at a SaaS or technology company.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP applicable to the technology industry and PCAOB and COSO/Internal Audit standards.
- Organized and independent; a self-starter who is comfortable taking on significant responsibility.
- Savvy communicator; you are comfortable working with people from a wide range of backgrounds and intuitively find the right style to use in different situations. You are comfortable interacting with members of senior management.
- Strong executor; people think of you as someone who delivers. You get the job done, while keeping the big picture firmly in mind.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related fields with a CPA, CIA or CISA certification.
What Catches Our Eye:
- Advanced knowledge of US GAAP, PCAOB and COSO / Internal Audit standards
- Experience in designing and implementing new systems or processes
- You don’t shy away from a challenge, and are excited to build something from scratch.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
We’re proud to be leading a worldwide transportation revolution and modernizing mobility for all. Through intelligently-designed systems and sophisticated algorithms, we craft localized solutions for each one of our global partners. Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.