As Infrastructure Innovation Director, you will lead the strategy and execution of new infrastructure public private partnerships (P3s) in the mobility and real estate space, combining your transaction expertise in infrastructure development with your understanding of Via’s strengths as a developer and operator of cutting edge transit systems.
What You'll Do:
- Apply best practices from the infrastructure world and P3 industry to commercialize innovative contracting structures enabling Via’s public sector clients, like transit agencies and city governments, to scale their transit services using private capital and risk and reward sharing.
- ”Drive” all aspects of the commercial process, from deal generation and negotiation, to execution, working with internal and external stakeholders, including Via’s Finance, Legal, Partnerships, and Expansion Teams.
- Maintain strong relationships with the developer community, helping them understand Via’s value proposition for particular development opportunities and how Via can positively contribute to the project’s economics.
- Develop a sophisticated search methodology to identify cities and transit agencies, on a global basis, that could be receptive to the P3 model and, in cooperation with Via’s Partnerships Team, initiate and cultivate relationships with them.
- Scope and develop a comprehensive playbook of infrastructure investment and P3 best practices for the transit industry and train colleagues across Via’s relevant teams.
- Tout Via’s contracting innovations in high-profile transportation and infrastructure investor forums around the world; raise the prominence of the P3 approach to mobility project delivery.
Who You Are:
- Have 4-6 years of infrastructure investment and / or P3 experience on the government side, the developer side, the investor side, or some combination thereof.
- Highly proficient in the language, analytical techniques, and contractual models of the infrastructure and P3 industry; your depth of experience will allow you to spearhead all core deal functions.
- Passionate about stepping out of your comfort zone and applying your knowledge to new opportunities in a creative and entrepreneurial way.
- Bachelor’s degree with a high-level of academic achievement
What Catches Our Eye:
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Experience diplomatically driving forward long-term projects with many stakeholders.
- Excited about building a new partnership model and taking responsibility for the success of the initiative.
- Previous commercial experience — in sales, business development, corporate development or another form — extremely helpful.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
We’re proud to be leading a worldwide transportation revolution and modernizing mobility for all. Through intelligently-designed systems and sophisticated algorithms, we craft localized solutions for each one of our global partners. Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.