As a Rider Growth Associate, you will help design marketing programs that drive both awareness, engagement, and direct response outcomes for growing ridership. A critical component of this role will be to design growth programs and processes that allow our efforts to scale with the business. You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team of marketing specialists, designers, copywriters, and data scientists working to acquire and retain new Via riders across all global markets and public transit use cases.
What You'll Do:
- Develop full lifecycle marketing programs based on quantitative and qualitative market research, customer segments, and key use cases.
- Collaborate across internal and partner teams to launch, execute, monitor, and optimize marketing programs.
- Build programs for local communities and scale them to similar markets.
- Consistently identify and test new rider growth initiatives that can supplement our existing strategies.
- Conduct rigorous analysis to identify areas of opportunity and improvement across the entire rider lifecycle (e.g. signup conversion funnel, early engagement, retention).
- Create replicable processes and playbooks to drive efficiency.
- Develop and maintain reports and dashboards that track key metrics.
- Communicate strategies, insights, and progress to internal and external stakeholders.
Who You Are:
- Passionate about growth marketing and excited by the opportunity to help Via acquire and connect with riders in a broad range of deployments.
- Always thinking strategically and creatively about ways to hook customers, generating ideas and hypotheses to carry out end-to-end experiments and iterative tests.
- Have a strong ability to understand and empathize with the end customer. You are comfortable conducting surveys, focus groups, or other qualitative methods to understand the needs, pain points, and motivations of our riders.
- Strong communicator, who is able to adapt their level of detail depending on the audience.
- Independent, organized, and self-starter who is comfortable taking on a high level of responsibility.
- Humble, low ego, team player.
- You have a strong bias towards data-driven problem solving. You are comfortable working with data sets of all types to generate a hypothesis or recommendation.
- You are metrics-driven, and comfortable measuring success against a set of KPIs.
- Proficiency with Tableau and SQL is preferred. We will provide guidance on the job, however candidates must have a willingness and desire to learn.
- At least 1-2 years of prior experience in Growth Marketing, Analytics, Management Consulting, or Product Management is preferred.
What Catches Our Eye:
- Experience launching new products and markets.
- Direct experience with user acquisition channels (digital, OOH, PR, etc.) and messaging or analytics platforms (LeanPlum, AppsFlyer, etc.).
- Client-facing experience.
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around.
Via was founded with the guiding principle that we go further when we go together. We’re committed to building and nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, and voices are welcomed and celebrated here.
We’re proud to be leading a worldwide transportation revolution and modernizing mobility for all. Through intelligently-designed systems and sophisticated algorithms, we craft localized solutions for each one of our global partners. Ready to join the ride?
Via is an equal opportunity employer.