As an Expansion Principal, you will plan and oversee the launch of new Via markets throughout the world. You'll also lead the deployment of Via's game-changing technology in partnerships with cities, public transit agencies, corporations, universities, and other transportation providers.
What You’ll Do:
- Define, coordinate, and oversee all logistical and technical aspects of launching Via’s revolutionary mobility solution in new markets, working closely with Via’s operations, marketing, and technology development teams
- Manage and develop client relationships from the close of a new deal through the launch, translating a business agreement into a fully operational on-demand transit system
- Lead quality assurance and testing efforts for all of our new projects to ensure an exceptional live service from day one, and provide ongoing support as needed to enable and promote project success
- Own ongoing operational execution and P&L for partner markets, tirelessly working to scale processes and systems to drive rapid growth
- Collaborate with Via’s business development teams to scope and design new projects and business lines based on your operational and product expertise
- Manage product expectations and development, working with our engineering team to distill requests and ideas into actionable next steps and technology features
- Leverage your understanding of Via’s capabilities to inform the ongoing development of our expansion strategy
Who You Are:
- Detail-oriented and thorough; you’re a proactive self-starter who is able to effectively juggle multiple projects in a highly fluid work environment
- Thrive in fast-paced environments, troubleshooting issues in real-time and overseeing multiple tasks simultaneously
- A strong executor, you get the job done while keeping the big picture firmly in mind
- A savvy and tactful communicator with experience managing complex business relationships; you intuitively find the right tone and feel comfortable working with people from a wide range of backgrounds
- A generalist who enjoys evaluating and solving multiple types of problems on any given day.
- Enjoy travel and are excited by the dynamic and mobile nature of this position (note: the Expansion team is not traveling during the COVID pandemic)
- Obtained a Bachelor’s Degree with a record of exceptional academic achievement (minimum GPA of 3.5/4.0)
What Catches Our Eye:
- Obtained an MBA
- Prior experience in a startup or similar high-growth environment
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. Our guiding principle is simple: we know that the future of transportation is safe, dynamic, shared public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, complements existing transit infrastructure, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around. Through intelligently designed operating systems and sophisticated routing algorithms, we build localized and customizable solutions for each and every one of our global partners (100 and counting, last we checked…)
Long story short: we’re very proud to be championing the transportation evolution of cities around the world and modernizing mobility. Ready to join the ride?
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.