We are looking for a Senior QA Automation Engineer to manage all aspects of manual and automation test execution in support of web and mobile applications at Via. You’ll be part of a freshly created cross-functional team in our new engineering office in Sofia, Bulgaria.
What You’ll Do
- Develop test cases, scripts and reports of multiple projects of varying size
- Validate and test a wide variety of technologies and platforms (mobile, web, cloud, etc.)
- Verify that real-world use cases and user expectations are simulated and met during the validation process
- Test the overall system using appropriate testing techniques and instruments
- Work closely with engineering and product teams to write test acceptance criteria for agile stories
- Provide inputs on high-level test scenarios, challenges, risks, resources, test estimates, etc., during test planning meetings;
- Identify test conditions and features to test. Develop scripts to run automated tests
- Reduce the number of bugs we ship to production across all platforms and clients
- Track and report the life cycle of identified bugs. Follow up with each case
- Use the latest technologies in test automation to reduce the amount of time it takes to validate that a new feature or build is acceptable for production
- Assist in post-mortems after critical bugs, identifying root causes and resolution actions
- Assist engineers with deploying quality code to production
- Develop test scenarios and documentation. Create and write test plans, test cases and test notes
- Gather required information/documents from various sources and evaluating the information for testing
- Analyze testing results and other data to ensure continuous improvement in quality and efficiency
- Do hands-on implementation and execution of manual testing
- Design, develop, and execute automated unit tests, integration tests, and user-acceptance tests, both as black-box and white-box test cases
- Set up and maintain test environments and test infrastructure
- Mentor team members on automation and be the guardian of our outstanding customer experience
Who You Are
- You have 3+ years of experience as a QA Automation Engineer in a product development company
- You have 2+ years of test automation experience using Selenium or similar technology
- You have 1+ years of API testing experience
- You are familiar with of CI/CD processes, tools, and configuration
- You have good understanding of overall QA methodologies and process
- You have ability to create test plan, execute it and report on it
- You are able to learn quickly and to adapt to existing tools and technologies
- You have understanding on SQL or NoSQL database(s)
- You are motivating and guiding your colleagues towards success
- You are humble and proactive team player
- You have good communication skills and logical thinking
- You are fluent in English
What Catches Our Eye
- You are dedicated to deeply learning product functionality and use cases
- You are willing to go beyond finding bugs to diagnosing why problems occur
- You understand business objectives, clearly communicate client needs to deliver the software product of expected quality
- You have earned BA/BS degree in computer science or equivalent
We’re Via, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. Our guiding principle is simple: we know that the future of transportation is safe, dynamic, shared public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, complements existing transit infrastructure, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around. Through intelligently designed operating systems and sophisticated routing algorithms, we build localized and customizable solutions for each and every one of our global partners (100 and counting, last we checked…)
Long story short: we’re very proud to be championing the transportation evolution of cities around the world and modernizing mobility. Ready to join the ride?
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.
! Via cares about your health and safety and takes prevention and control measures to limit the transmission of COVID-19. In this regard we are temporarily transitioning to an entirely virtual hiring process and we have also implemented an effective work-from-home policy across all of our offices.
*In regard to GDPR 2016/679 you hereby give your consent the personal data included in your CV/Resume/Motivational letter to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment and hiring process in the company.