We are looking for a Senior QA Automation Engineer to manage all aspects of manual and automation test execution in support of web and mobile applications at Via. You’ll be part of a freshly created cross-functional team in our new engineering office in Sofia, Bulgaria.
As a Senior QA Automation Engineer at Via you should:
- Develop test scenarios, test cases, scripts and reports of multiple projects of varying size
- Validate and test a wide variety of technologies and platforms (mobile, web, cloud, etc.)
- Verify that real-world use cases and user expectations are simulated and met during the validation process
- Test the overall system using appropriate testing techniques and instruments
- Work closely with engineering and product teams to write test acceptance criteria for agile stories
- Provide inputs on high-level test scenarios, challenges, risks, resources, test estimates, etc., during test planning meetings;
- Identify test conditions and features to test. Develop scripts to run automated tests
- Reduce the number of bugs we ship to production across all platforms and clients
- Track and report the life cycle of identified bugs. Follow up with each case
- Use the latest technologies in test automation to reduce the amount of time it takes to validate that a new feature or build is acceptable for production
- Assist in post-mortems after critical bugs, identifying root causes and resolution actions
- Assist engineers with deploying quality code to production
- Gather required information/documents from various sources and evaluating the information for testing
- Analyse testing results and other data to ensure continuous improvement in quality and efficiency
- Do hands-on implementation and execution of manual testing
- Design, develop, and execute automated unit tests, integration tests, and user-acceptance tests, both as black-box and white-box test cases
- Set up and maintain test environments and test infrastructure
- Mentor team members on automation and be the guardian of our outstanding customer experience
- 3+ years of experience as a QA Automation Engineer in a product development company
- 2+ years of test automation experience using Selenium or similar technology
- 1+ years of API testing experience
- Understanding of CI/CD processes, tools, and configuration
- Good understanding of overall QA methodologies and process
- Ability to create test plan, execute it and report on it
- Ability to learn quickly and to adapt to existing tools and technologies
- Basic knowledge with SQL or NoSQL database(s)
- Dedicated to deeply learning product functionality and use cases
- Willingness to go beyond finding bugs to diagnosing why problems occur
- Ability to motivate and drive his/her colleagues towards success, humble and proactive team player.
- Good communication and logical thinking
- Excellent communication and documentation skills in English
At Via, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. We’re building revolutionary technology that’s changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation that’s friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the world’s biggest cities and is sought after by prominent transportation players globally.
We’ve provided more than 80 million shared rides already, and we’re growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 20 countries with more than 100 transit partners, with a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years. If you’re someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, and loves getting things done, we’d love to hear from you!
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.
! Via cares about your health and safety and takes prevention and control measures to limit the transmission of COVID-19. In this regard we are temporarily transitioning to an entirely virtual hiring process and we have also implemented an effective work-from-home policy across all of our offices.
*In regard to GDPR 2016/679 you hereby give your consent the personal data included in your CV/Resume/Motivational letter to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment and hiring process in the company.