We are looking for a Senior DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer to produce and support tools for our new scalable software solutions. You’ll be part of a freshly created cross-functional team in our new engineering office in Sofia, Bulgaria, that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
We write a lot of Ansible for automation but we are polyglots. If you are coming from a different ops environment, joining our team will be the best way to learn new tech while applying your engineering background. We also run Istio and Knative on top of Kubernetes for most of our workloads.
We deploy in Google Cloud and AWS - if you don’t have experience we’re sure you’ll have enough time to learn the cloud stacks.
As a Senior DevOps/Site Reliability Engineer at Via you should:
- Build CI/CD automation with GitLab
- Build latest state of the art solutions to problems that interrupt availability and performance in our systems, services, and products at scale
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the applications, systems and databases architecture
- Handle outages, provide resolution and root cause analysis, including post-mortem description, protocol of the resolution and further mitigation/prevention actions
- Configure and improve monitoring systems to provide swift responses to critical alerts to prevent outages
- Work in contact with other teams across the company to ensure smooth and documented changes to all environments
- Be a team player with a knack for utility
- Share your expertise with the team by putting your ego aside
- Make sure that you and everyone around you are growing towards an outstanding group of professionals who share the same passion
- Write your technical docs or implementation proposals, mentor and improve the overall performance of the service
- Bring ideas to the table, take ownership over their project timelines and deliverables and help us scale
- 3+ years experience in SaaS Ops/Tech Ops/Infrastructure Ops/DevOps (a must)
- 2+ years experience at administration: Docker, Kubernetes (a must)
- 2+ years experience with GitLab, Jenkins, CI/CD, infrastructure as code
- Skilled in writing playbooks and modules for Ansible
- Experienced with declarative configuration management and provisioning tools like Puppet or Chef (a must)
- Has experience with monitoring tools such as StackDriver, Prometheus, Grafana, Nagios, Zabbix, PagerDuty
- BA/BS degree in computer science or equivalent (desirable)
- Ability to motivate and drive his/her colleagues towards success, humble and proactive team player
- Good communication and logical thinking
- Fluent in English language
At Via, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. We’re building revolutionary technology that’s changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation that’s friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the world’s biggest cities and is sought after by prominent transportation players globally.
We’ve provided more than 80 million shared rides already, and we’re growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 20 countries with more than 100 transit partners, with a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years. If you’re someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, and loves getting things done, we’d love to hear from you!
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.
! Via cares about your health and safety and takes prevention and control measures to limit the transmission of COVID-19. In this regard we are temporarily transitioning to an entirely virtual hiring process and we have also implemented an effective work-from-home policy across all of our offices.
*In regard to GDPR 2016/679 you hereby give your consent the personal data included in your CV/Resume/Motivational letter to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment and hiring process in the company.