As a Strategic Operations Associate - Rider, you will have the opportunity to gain broad exposure to entrepreneurship, operations management, marketing, and product development. You will work directly with our senior team in Berlin as we expand our service in this market and beyond.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Monitor our rider experience using proprietary technology tools and relentlessly work on improving our service to ensure the best experience for our customers
- Help optimize our service by conducting data-driven analyses and deriving hypotheses for high-value areas of improvement
- Implement and coordinate strategic campaigns to improve identified pain points and continuously measure success
- Contribute to product development, both internal and consumer-facing (e.g., new features for our rider app)
- Support our operations (e.g., by contributing to the management of our electric fleet and our driver experience) and manage our operational support team
- Be responsible for your own set of KPIs and lead your projects from start to finish, including coordination with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Work on diverse topics across the full range of our business operations, including market expansion
- Effective at managing multiple tasks simultaneously and comfortable taking on responsibility
- Meticulous and vigilant, with a high level of attention to detail
- Independent self-starter; you enjoy working as part of a small team and are excited to help build ViaVan in Berlin from the ground up
- Skilled at communicating professionally with stakeholders from a broad range of backgrounds
- Problem solver; you don’t accept the status quo and are always looking for creative solutions
- Enjoys working with data and digging deep to take data driven decisions (and have shown this previously)
- Master’s degree from a top-tier institution; or at least a Bachelor’s degree and a record of exceptional academic achievement (ideally in a quantitative field of study)
- Experience in consulting, banking, or a fast-growth startup (ideally 2+ working experience but outstanding internships are also fine); operations experience a plus but not required
- Demonstrated record of entrepreneurial achievement and/or leadership a plus
- Fully fluent in German and English
- Experience in Tableau, MySQL (or other DB language), Alteryx, and Excel a plus but not required
What we offer you:
- An important role in a fast growing, mission-driven technology company
- Meaningful work aimed at radically changing the way we move around in cities
- A feedback-seeking culture nurturing a steep personal learning curve
- A great, diverse local team passionate about technology and mobility, plus close collaboration with international colleagues in Amsterdam, London, New York, and Tel Aviv
- An amazing office in the center of Berlin with healthy fruits, drinks, and a subsidized fitness club membership
- Above market compensation package
We’re ViaVan, and we build technology that changes the way the world moves. Our guiding principle is simple: we know that the future of transportation is safe, dynamic, shared public mobility — the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, complements existing transit infrastructure, and provides everyone with accessible, efficient, and affordable ways of getting around. Through intelligently-designed operating systems and sophisticated routing algorithms, we build localised and customisable solutions for each and every one of our global partners (100 and counting, last we checked…)
Long story short: we’re very proud to be championing the transportation evolution of cities around the world and modernising mobility. Ready to join the ride?
ViaVan offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity and relocation assistance.
ViaVan is an equal opportunity employer.