As a Strategic Operations Associate - Rider, you will have the opportunity to gain broad exposure to entrepreneurship, operations management, marketing, and product development. You will work directly with our senior team in Berlin as we expand our service in this market and beyond.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Monitor our rider experience using proprietary technology tools and relentlessly work on improving our service to ensure the best experience for our customers
- Help optimize our service by conducting data-driven analyses and deriving hypotheses for high-value areas of improvement
- Implement and coordinate strategic campaigns to improve identified pain points and continuously measure success
- Contribute to product development, both internal and consumer-facing (e.g., new features for our rider app)
- Support our operations (e.g., by contributing to the management of our electric fleet and our driver experience) and manage our operational support team
- Be responsible for your own set of KPIs and lead your projects from start to finish, including coordination with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Work on diverse topics across the full range of our business operations, including market expansion
- Effective at managing multiple tasks simultaneously and comfortable taking on responsibility
- Meticulous and vigilant, with a high level of attention to detail
- Independent self-starter; you enjoy working as part of a small team and are excited to help build ViaVan in Berlin from the ground up
- Skilled at communicating professionally with stakeholders from a broad range of backgrounds
- Problem solver; you don’t accept the status quo and are always looking for creative solutions
- Enjoys working with data and digging deep to take data driven decisions (and have shown this previously)
- Master’s degree from a top-tier institution; or at least a Bachelor’s degree and a record of exceptional academic achievement (ideally in a quantitative field of study)
- Experience in consulting, banking, or a fast-growth startup (ideally 2+ working experience but outstanding internships are also fine); operations experience a plus but not required
- Demonstrated record of entrepreneurial achievement and/or leadership a plus
- Fully fluent in German and English
- Experience in Tableau, MySQL (or other DB language), Alteryx, and Excel a plus but not required
What we offer you:
- An important role in a fast growing, mission-driven technology company
- Meaningful work aimed at radically changing the way we move around in cities
- A feedback-seeking culture nurturing a steep personal learning curve
- A great, diverse local team passionate about technology and mobility, plus close collaboration with international colleagues in Amsterdam, London, New York, and Tel Aviv
- An amazing office in the center of Berlin with healthy fruits, drinks, and a subsidized fitness club membership
- Above market compensation package
At ViaVan, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. A joint venture between Via, the world's leading developer and provider of on-demand mass transit technology, and Daimler (Mercedes-Benz), the world's preeminent automotive company, ViaVan is transforming the way people get around. From on-demand buses in London to the world's largest publicly operated electric shuttle fleet in Berlin, ViaVan's sophisticated mobility operating system is powering transportation in Europe's biggest cities and is sought after by prominent transportation players across the continent. We've provided more than 6 million shared rides since our launch in 2017, and we're growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in London, Berlin, and Amsterdam, projects in over a dozen markets, and a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years. If you're someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, is passionate about building the next generation of mobility technology, and never backs down from a challenge, we want to hear from you!
ViaVan offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity and relocation assistance.
ViaVan is an equal opportunity employer.