At Via, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. We’re building revolutionary technology that’s changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation that’s friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the world’s biggest cities and is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. We’ve provided more than 50 million shared rides already, and we’re growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries, projects in more than 50 markets, and a goal of 200 deployments by the end of 2019. If you’re someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, and loves getting things done, we’d love to hear from you!
Via is looking for an Associate to join the Finance team. This person will be involved in all aspects of the core finance functions at Via, including the month-end financial close, financial reporting, technical accounting research, and preparing and monitoring key operational metrics, while driving process improvement throughout the finance organization. A successful candidate will be organized and structured in their thinking, able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, be motivated to take on new and challenging projects, and be a clear communicator.
Responsibilities and Duties
As Finance Associate, you will:
- Manage finance and accounting projects across Via’s operations, developing a unique knowledge and understanding of the business as a whole
- Support all aspects of the monthly close, working closely with other members of the finance team to ensure accurate and timely reporting that will help efficient decision-making at the management and operational level
- Scale up the Company’s systems and processes as we continue to expand, playing a large role in ensuring compliance and optimization of accounting and tax structures
- Partner cross-functionally with operations, growth, data, and partnership teams to understand the implications of new business initiatives and assist in the development of adequate reporting
- Assist in the documentation and implementation of organization wide control processes for various functions
- Organized and independent; a self-starter who is comfortable taking on significant responsibility
- Willingness and ability to learn complex processes and systems
- Strong analytical and communication skills; you’re able to analyze a problem, pay attention to details, work through a solution, and discuss your analysis
- Background in audit or transaction advisory services
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or a similar field of study
- 3 years of relevant work experience, preferably at a public accounting firm or at a fast-paced high growth start-up
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.