As Strategy Associate, you will establish microtransit as a new, smart mode of public transit. By leading the development of complex commercial proposals for cities and transit providers around the world, you will leverage your deep understanding of potential partners’ transportation challenges and goals, and apply your knowledge of Via’s unique technical and operational strengths, to scope and design thoughtful and effective shared mobility services.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead competitive procurements from beginning to end -- through evaluation, content creation, review, and submission.
- Apply your strategic thinking skills and work closely with Via’s Finance and Expansion Teams to create context-specific service plans and customized pricing and budgeting proposals.
- Conduct rigorous research on global mobility trends by analyzing news and other forms of information and synthesizing findings into insightful commentary.
- Generate compelling original content by closely ascertaining a partner's needs and deploying your familiarity with Via’s technology and operational capabilities, transit norms, and the latest innovations from across the industry.
- Oversee document flow to ensure responsiveness, adherence to quality standards, and legal compliance.
- Skillfully manage communications with procurement officials over the phone and email.
- Support senior team members during off-site proposal interviews.
- An exceptional writer with an instinctive appreciation for tone and structure; your colleagues have told you that they enjoy reading your work (and maybe you’ve even won awards).
- Socially-minded, action-oriented, and passionate about urbanism; you understand the importance of public transit and are motivated to improve worldwide access to mobility.
- Meticulous and strategic; you can pay attention to every detail in a complex proposal while, at the same time, relate each of them to the big picture in a coherent way.
- A record of academic achievement, preferably in the humanities, social sciences, or another field that required regular long-form writing (undergraduate degree required, advanced degree preferred).
- Prior experience at a startup, consulting firm, or in a leadership role is a plus.
- Fully fluent reading, writing, and speaking capabilities in English and French required (other European languages a plus.
At ViaVan, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. A joint venture between Via, the world's leading developer and provider of on-demand mass transit technology, and Daimler (Mercedes-Benz), the world's preeminent automotive company, ViaVan is transforming the way people get around. From on-demand buses in London to the world's largest publicly operated electric shuttle fleet in Berlin, ViaVan's sophisticated mobility operating system is powering transportation in Europe's biggest cities and is sought after by prominent transportation players across the continent. We've provided more than 6 million shared rides since our launch in 2017, and we're growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in London, Berlin, and Amsterdam, projects in over a dozen markets, and a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years. If you're someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, is passionate about building the next generation of mobility technology, and never backs down from a challenge, we want to hear from you!
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.