As a Data Science Principal, you’ll utilize advanced quantitative and statistical analysis techniques to drive business model innovation for Via, work closely with our senior management to help drive decisions, and lead, mentor, and train data scientists and analysts in the art of leveraging data.
- Adeptly interpret and utilize mass quantities of data to generate innovative hypotheses & insights
- Quantitatively test hypotheses about rider and driver behavior using large sets of proprietary data; leverage results to improve business metrics at every touch point
- Design and implement novel experiments to better understand and improve current operation as well as expansion to new markets
- Train and mentor data analysis and scientist, assist in their professional growth and develop the analytic ecosystem in teams across the company
- 4+ years of industry experience with predictive modeling and statistical analysis techniques in a business environment; preferably with team leadership experience
- Obsessed with data; analytical and rigorous, with a thorough understanding of statistics and machine learning at both a practical and theoretical level
- Extraordinary communicator with demonstrated writing, editing, presentation and visualization skills. You understand the importance of graphic techniques in communicating a quantitative idea effectively
- A Masters Degree or PhD (statistics, machine learning, physics, math, systems biology, or highly quantitative fields in social sciences), including 2+ years of graduate-level research experience (or the equivalent)
- Mastery in some or all of the following: SQL, Python, R.
- Attention to detail is critical. Please mention that soup of the day is mushroom barley in the cover letter
- Experience in experiment design and interpretation is a plus. Experience with different optimization methods is a plus
At Via, we're on the cutting edge of mobility. We’re building revolutionary technology that’s changing the way people get around. It's on-demand transit on a mass scale, a smarter transportation that’s friendly to our planet. From on-demand autonomous shuttles in Australia to dynamically routed bus fleets in Singapore, our sophisticated operating system is powering transportation in the world’s biggest cities and is sought after by prominent transportation players globally. We’ve provided more than 50 million shared rides already, and we’re growing at an astonishing rate. We have offices in more than 15 countries and deployments in more than 50 markets, with a goal of hundreds of deployments within the next two years. If you’re someone who relishes wearing multiple hats, never backs down from a challenge, and loves getting things done, we’d love to hear from you!
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.