Via is re-imagining public transit, from a regulated system of rigid routes and schedules to a fully dynamic, on-demand network. Via’s mobile app connects multiple passengers who are headed the same way, allowing riders to seamlessly share a dynamically-routed vehicle. Via operates globally in New York, Chicago, and Washington DC; and in London and Amsterdam through ViaVan, its joint venture with Mercedes-Benz Vans. Via also licenses its revolutionary on-demand transit technology to transportation players globally. Via is privately held, backed by prominent institutional investors, and is in a hyper-growth stage of its evolution.
Via is seeking a dynamic Compensation and Benefits Human Resources professional to join the team in New York. An entrepreneur who is excited about getting in on the ground floor of a fast-growing technology start-up; an imaginative thinker who relishes wearing multiple hats and has a passion for business and team building. Via offers above market compensation packages paired with potentially significant upside on company equity.
As a Via People Operations Director, Compensation and Benefits you will partner with the Via employee population in a variety of People Operations functions including but not limited to programmatic Compensation and Benefits, onboarding new hires, supporting continuous employee development, implementing new company policies and maintaining internal People Ops systems. Ultimately, you will ensure our People Ops initiatives are cost-effective, run smoothly, and contribute to a healthy work environment.
- Contribute towards the achievement of company’s strategic and operational objectives
- Monitor internal HR systems and databases
- Implement and champion company policies
- Implement functional HRMS and internal databases across all departments and locations
- Oversee our payroll and performance evaluation systems
- Review and update our employment contracts and agreements
- Track key HR metrics like cost per hire and retention rates
- Measure the effectiveness of our benefits programs and recommend improvements
- Assist with the recruitment and onboarding of new employees
- Coordinate employee training and development initiatives
- Ensure our record-keeping and data processing procedures comply with GDPR requirements
- 3-7 years’ HR / People Operations core experience in Compensation & Benefits, preferably with startup experience
- Strong entrepreneurial drive, problem solving ability, and leadership intrinsics
- Adequate knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Familiarity with business and financial principles and practices
- Strong Knowledge of Excel, Google Calendar and other basic IT skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Exceptional multitasking and organizational skills
- Proven work experience in an HR Operations or similar role
- Functional knowledge of labor laws
- Experience designing compensation and benefits packages
- Ability to develop clear and fair company policies
- Excellent analytical and decision-making abilities
- Functional knowledge of labor legislation
- Experience in designing compensation and benefits programs
- Experience with Human Resources Information Systems including payroll tools
- BS in Human Resources Management or related field; MS is a plus
Via offers above market compensation packages and benefits, including equity, health insurance, and relocation assistance.
Via is an equal opportunity employer.